65

Sundance's POV

I've watched Damon hold me for an hour now. He's in denial. I bent down and held him tight, but he couldn't see or feel me. "I'm sorry, Damon." I cooed. I tried wiping away one of his tears and laid a kiss on his forehead.

Suddenly, I was with Jeremy. He was on the phone with a golden retriever at his feet. "W-what? Stefan, I swear to God- This can't be happening." He breathed. His eyes glossed over and I could see his pain written in his eyes. "Jeremy," I called out. He looked at me and dropped the phone, then ran to me. He tried to hug me but his arm went through my body. "Why would you leave me, Sundance?!" He cried. "Shh...Jeremy, I need you to go through my diary. Okay? There are stories and- and memories. I need you to read them all." I sniffled. He shook his head frantically. "Please, Jeremy. Please." I begged. "Why did you do this?" He asked.

"I needed to. I feel...I feel whole again. I'm gonna find peace. I'm going to see my baby. I have hope, Jeremy." I explained. "Please don't leave me." He whispered. "I'll always be here, Jeremy."

I was suddenly gone and staring at Elena, who was clutching her stomach and crying in my room in the Salvatore Home. "I'm sorry, Lena." I shuffled closer. "Where's Stefan? He's supposed to be comforting you..." I looked around and tried to speed to him, but I was...I was human again. A smile spread across my face. My heart felt whole again. I feel like all weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I walked to Stefan's room. He was hugging a pillow that had my white sweater wrapped around it. I remember sitting in history with that very sweater on. I had black overalls over it and a chain necklace to top off the outfit. Stefan looked me up and down and I swatted his arm. I wore it often with jeans or anything else. Maybe that's why he was holding it so close.

I sat down on the bed and stared as he got up and began writing. I think he'll be okay. He's got this. He always does. I went back to Elena, who was fast asleep in my bed. I sighed and thought of Damon. I closed my eyes. Come on, Damon.

I opened my eyes and was in a funeral home. He laid my body in a casket. "Bury me by my mother and father. Bury me with Jenna and John. I'll be okay, Damon. You will too." I whispered. With no response, I went to Stefan's side again. I curled on his bed and watched as he dipped a quill in ink.

"You know, you're always going to be my forever," I whispered, sitting up. "I remember when you used to spin me around. You picked me up and wouldn't let me go until I was pounding on your back." I chuckled at the memories. "I'm going to miss that, my love."

-

It's been a day since my death. My funeral just started. Elena admitted to loving Damon in front of Stefan's face, making him crumble. I was watching the entire time. But for now, we all awkwardly stood around my grave. Elena was the first to approach it and lay a white rose on it. She sniffled as she got back up. Stefan was biting his lip, tears overwhelming his eyes. I grabbed his hand. "She's here," Jeremy whispered. I looked at him. "No, stop," I asked. "They need this. You need this." Jeremy pressured. "Where?" Damon asked. "On the left, next to Stefan." My brother cleared his throat. Stefan stared down at me. He looked at my forehead. "My eyes are down here, you twerp." I smiled, wiping my eyes. Jeremy chuckled. "What'd she say?"

"She called you a twerp."

"Figures." Stefan nodded, a tear slipping down his cheek. "I love you, Stefan," I confessed. Jeremy's eyes widened. "She says she loves you," He began repeating after me. "She wants you to continue writing and holding the pillow close. Sundance has been thinking of the car wash and thanks to you for making her life a journey."

I walked over to Damon. He followed Jeremy's eyes and looked down at me. "Stop being a dick. Stick with Alaric and get the stake. Mine is under the floorboard in my room. You're an incredible man. Act like it. You're not a bad guy." I kissed his forehead and walked over to Elena. "You're so brave. I admired you all my life, Lena. From your perfect face to your friends, I wanted it all. I-I don't feel sad anymore. Don't blame yourself. Stay confident in your actions and never lose Stefan. There is only one Stefan and Damon Salvatore." I chirped. I walked over to Matt. "You're my fry buddy. Any time I wanted fries, I'd go to you and ask for,"

He rejoiced with me, "25% off." He cried. "You're okay, Matt." I went to Caroline. "Oh my god did you annoy me." I laughed. She laughed too. "But you've always been brutally honest with me and that's a trait a lot of people don't have. Keep it. Caroline, dancing with you was amazing. I felt like a teenager for the first time in a while. Thank you." I sighed. I walked over to Alaric. "Ric, how do I begin? You came into our lives' at a perfect moment and became my drinking buddy and a really amazing father figure. You protected us through everything and...I really wish I could thank you myself. You're going to be an amazing father someday." I promised.

I then walked over to Bonnie. "Ah yes, the witch that left Damon and I hanging in Klaus' mansion. Nice to see ya. It's okay. I don't get it, but I don't blame you. Look after yourself, Bon." I went up to Jeremy. "I'm okay now. I love you, Jeremy." I hugged him. I didn't feel him, but I know it meant a lot. "I love you too. You gonna say goodbye now?" He asked.

I looked at the group of people. The hero hair, the mystery one, the damsel in distress, Cinderella, Prince Charming, and Wicked Witch of the West. I smiled. "Yeah. Yeah, I think I am." I whispered.

"She's going now," Jeremy announced. "What? Where?" Elena frowned, wiping her tears. "The Bright Side," I answered. I looked straight at the light and saw a woman and a man, holding a child. As I got closer, I recognized the people as my Mother and Father with May. I began sprinting at them.

Dear Diary,

Today is a good day. I got closure. I found happiness. I know home.
-
AND THAT CONCLUDES IT
How are we feeling?
Thank you so much for sticking with me for this journey. It's insane.