47

she lives in daydreams with me
WE MADE #1 ON #KLAUSMIKAELSON!
-
Klaus made fun of use for a bit before I finally went back into the room, slamming the glass door shut, and laid down. I soon felt the mattress press down next to me and a huff from Stefan. My back was facing him, but he soon changed that as I felt his gaze on my shoulder and I turned towards the ceiling, rejecting his stares but letting him know I'm around to talk. I felt his hand slip into mine and I stared at our fingers as they slipped into one another. It felt different from other days. My heart pounded and all I could focus on was him.

"You okay?" He whispered. How do I respond to this? I mean, I don't know what my feelings are for him or at least I don't think I do. Maybe we have just been cooped up together for too long and I'm delusional. I sighed and turned towards him fully, meeting eye contact. "Do you think Damon actually wants us to come back?" I asked. He seemed disappointed by this subject change but replied, "No. I think he enjoys being with Elena." That's what I was afraid of. I bit my bottom lip and let out a deep sigh. "Would you ever want to escape, Stefan? Run?"

"No. No, I'd never want to run for eternity." Stefan disagreed. I sighed and looked at the ceiling. His thumb rubbed circles on my hand. "Water. Water, I need water." I said abruptly. I sat up and walked to the kitchen. I need to get away from him and think.

Klaus was in the living area. "Would you ever want to escape, Stefan? We could get married and have three golden retrievers and go where ever we like. Ooh! And in the afternoons, we'll go skipping through daisies!" Klaus teased in a feminine voice. "Shove it, Klaus. I'm not in the mood." I snapped, grabbed a glass. "Why? Loverboy doesn't feel the same way? You always seem to go after the ones who like your sister. What a shame." He smirked. "And you always seem to go after the uninterested and nice kind of girls. What a shame." I mocked, referring to Caroline. "Hmph." Klaus pouted, grabbing a bottle of wine. He unstoppered it and poured a bit into a small glass.

"Do you like him?" He asked abruptly. "Stefan? No." I replied, shaking my head. "Liar. You're smiling." Klaus pointed. I forced a frown, which I thought I had in the first place. "I don't. He is dating my sister and I used to date Damon. It'd be awkward." I explained. "Oh really? So there are no butterflies..."

I thought of our hands intertwined on the bleachers and us smiling at each other. I got butterflies because I still liked him before Elena and he started dating.

"No...desire to be around them for a long time?"

Always.

"And definitely no daydreaming of life with him?"

Oh shit.

I like Stefan.

"I'm going to bed. I'm going to bed right now. Goodnight, Niklaus." I hesitated and grabbed my water, then sped to bed and put the glass down beside me. Stefan had his back towards me. My mouth became awfully dry. I laid down and slipped under the covers.

The next morning, we were headed towards Narnia probably. Klaus didn't tell us anything. We left at three AM and I fell asleep in the backseat for most of the ride. I had no clue where we were until someone pulled the door open, which made my head collapse. I instinctively slapped the person shaking me awake and saw Klaus. "Welcome to Chicago, sweetheart." He smirked.

"You're kidding," I said in disbelief, sitting up. I got out and looked around at the city. "What are we doing here?" I asked. "I know how much Stefan loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus looked at the brooding blonde. "Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." He mumbled, admiring the buildings in curiosity. "Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." The hybrid shrugged.