38

Stefan and Damon crowded me
in seconds. They bombarded
me with questions. "Where were you?!" Damon asked. "Klaus could've found you! Where's Elena?!" Stefan continued. "You lost Elena?!" I scoffed. "You killed five people, Sundance!" Stefan said. "I was mourning! Don't tell me you haven't gone on a killing spree while dealing with grief!" I hissed. They looked at each other. "Bonnie isn't dead." Damon finally said.

What? We watched her. She had no pulse. Her heart stopped. She couldn't be a vampire, could she? Bonnie Bennett was still alive and I still killed those people. My stomach turned. "She is?" I whispered. Stefan nodded. I stepped backwards. "Oh god." I sighed. It felt like everything was spinning. I fell onto the chair and held my head. "And Elena? Where is she? Does she know it was me that killed them? She'd never forgive me." I gasped. Stefan looked at Damon and sighed. The blonde walked over to me and kneeled down, then grasped my hands and looked into my eyes.

Damon left to find Elena and Stefan tried to hold my focus on him as images of the people i've murdered flashed through my mind.

Brown hair, green eyes, short beard

Blonde hair, brown eyes, large smile

Black hair, blue eyes, melancholy

Red hair, hazel eyes, freckles

Brown hair, brown eyes, short

Blonde hair, blue eyes, bright

Brown hair, green eyes, short beard

Blonde hair, brown eyes, large smile

Black hair, blue eyes, melancholy

Red hair, hazel eyes, freckles

Brown hair, brown eyes, short

Blonde hair, blue eyes, bright

The descriptions kept replaying in my mind.

Stefan tried to tell me a story of his.

FLASHBACK

Stefan was draining the blood from a woman. She died and Stefan lied back on the couch, breathing heavily. His shirt and chin were stained with blood. Nearby, two women dance while another woman played the piano. Stefan got up. "Who wants to die next?" He asked cheerfully.

The two women walked over to him.
"Me, I'm next." One said.
"Me, you promised me." The other argued. He caressed their chins and then looked at the woman playing piano. He walked over towards her and grabbed her face in his hands.
"What about you? You know if you don't pick up the tempo, you're going to lose your head. Snap. Snap." He smirked The woman picked up the tempo. Stefan rushed over to one of the women who was dancing and started to drink from her.

NOW

"I was a monster, Sundance. I know how tempting the blood is. I know how much pain you're in. I want to help you...Please let me help you." He begged. All I could focus on was the disappointment Elena's face may be holding right now. How her lively eyes would sink in sadness. I nodded slowly at Stefan.

He got up and offered his hand. "Luckily you aren't as much as a raging bitch I was." He chuckled. I smiled back.

Stefan's POV

I felt bad for the girl that stood in front of me. She was another version of me, but a bit lighter. Sundance is one of those people that will do anything for others but loathe is self pity, alone, afterwards. I want to be there for her like she's been around for me.

Our hands were still intertwined. It's a a familiar feeing since we've done it so often, but it feels much better than usual. Almost like the atmosphere is different. I could tell she was scared of this fact. She pulled away and cleared her throat, then smiled at me again.