16

"Where did Vicki say she was going?" Sheriff Forbes asked Sundance. The whole group: Matt, Stefan, Elena, Jeremy, and Sundance, sat in the Sheriff's office or waiting in the hallway. "She didn't say," Sundance answered. "Did she tell her brother where she was going?"
"Nope. I'm sorry, but I'm not important in their group." Sundance replied. "Is there anyone I can talk to that may know what happened to her prior to her leaving town?" The sheriff asked. "Not that I know of. I was getting ready in my room for the party all day." She lied.
"Okay, Sundance. Go to the hall. Thank you." Ms. Forbes smiled. Sundance walked out and sat next to Stefan. They walked out and stood by the car. It was quiet. Matt walked out, then Elena, Jenna, and Jeremy. Elena whispered something to Jeremy and Jenna than walked to Sundance and Stefan.

"You okay?" Stefan asked. Elena hugged Sundance. "I don't think the Sheriff suspected anything. Jeremy had no memory at all. All he knew was what Damon made him know." Elena explained. Sundance was a bit confused but remembered bits and pieces. "Thank you." Stefan nodded.

"I can't do this Stefan. Every time I look at Matt or Jeremy, all I think is that Vicki is never gonna come back. And they'll never know why. Around you people get hurt and people die. I can't I just...it's just too much...." Elena stuttered. "Why don't we go somewhere and talk about it," Stefan suggested. "No, Stefan you have to stay away from me."
Elena walked away. Sundance and Stefan looked at each other.

Sundance said goodbye and went to the car with Elena. She sat down and sighed.

Jenna drove to the Gilbert Residence. The car was quiet and felt empty. Elena was the first to run inside. She went to the kitchen and grabbed food to eat her stress away. Meanwhile, Jeremy and Sundance walked in together. Jeremy was content and Sundance was...ignoring her priorities.

"So, anyone been bugging you?" Jeremy asked. "Nope. I guess Bonnie's whole prediction thing was wrong..." Sundance saw Jeremy's confused expression. "Long story short, Bonnie said at the beginning of the school year that boys would be lined up or something but no one has even taken a glance at me except Seth and we both know how that went..." Sundance sighed. "Wait what do you mean? I thought you guys were cool."

"Oh. Uh...well Seth got really intoxicated at that party in the forest and tried to kiss me and grabbed my arms harshly. He spoke hastily and I just didn't recognize him. I-I don't wanna surround myself with people that get aggressive like that, you know?"

Jeremy's eyes widened. "I didn't know. I'm sorry, Sun." He hugged her. "It's okay, Jer. Come on, Jenna is probably waiting for us so she can share more heartbreak stories." Sundance swung the door open and held it for Jeremy. He walked in and the siblings went to the kitchen.

Elena and Jenna were talking, so Sundance joined them and Jeremy ran upstairs. He returned with his backpack and took out his homework. Sundance raised her eyebrows. "Ha! I told you he'd heal in his own way. Give me my money." Sundance smirked at Elena. Elena scoffed and handed her $15. Elena went back to pouting.

"You're wallowing." Jenna pointed out. "So are you." Elena accused. Sundance grabbed an apple and took a bite. "Both of you are." She shrugged. "My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped." Jenna sighed. "And Elena dumped someone." Sundance hummed. "Yeah. Well, Logan's a jerk." Elena glared at her sister.
"You didn't get a brush-off e-mail to say: 'I'm leaving town. See ya'." Their aunt frowned. "Wanna keep it down over there? I'm trying to do my homework." Jeremy scoffed. Elena and Jenna put their hands up in surrender. "Since when do you do homework?" Elena asked. "I gotta finish this. I'm way behind and I have a quiz tomorrow so..." Jeremy trailed off.

"What do you think? Alien?" Jenna whisper/yelled. "A clone. Or he was possessed." Sundance suggested. They broke out in laughter. "He can hear you." Jeremy turned around. "Boo-hoo." Sundance rolled her eyes. Jeremy laughed and went back to his work.