| Chapter 45 : When we gave up|

•♡•

The smoke started fading more and more around us letting me get a better view of the destruction we've caused.

I couldnt bring myself to close the gap of my partened lips when there was nothing, nothing but ash and small remains of trees ..  and the bodies

So many dead bodies that it made me tear up.

I gasped when my eyes fell on baekhyun and chanyeol conveniently close to us.. yet too far for me to reach, my eyes sadden in tears when I spotted jongin laying in his own blood just behind them
,, you shouldn't be surprised..  I've sent you enough visions to let you know this was coming " alios chuckled out, shaking my son to make him quiet down a little and I turned back to him looking over him searching for my daughter but i couldn't find her on him.

Helplessly I started crawling toward my pack,
Baekhyun was laying in chanyeols arms as if he had tried to cover or protect him, both covered in dirt and blood.

Just as I wanted to reach out my hand wanting to check on them so they could help me get to jongin too, when alios stepped harshly onto me keeping me in place and causing me to cry out in agony.

At this point I wss close to sobbing when my eyes watched jongin so motionless, even if he wss out he would somehow flinch just because a whimper would escape me but now... he did nothing.
And it was worrisome.
,, god you're so pathetic "

,, a-alios .. p-please " I grunted digging my nails into the dirt when he put more weight on the foot that's fixed on my back.

How did it even come to this, how was he alive ? We saw him turn to dust in front of us.

My son started crying again and my eyes widened when I forced myself to look behind me and at him to see him holding my baby merely by the cloth.

I gasped watching him almost drop him
,, Stop!" I actually growled forcing his foot off me I attempted to reach him and grab my baby but he wasnt bothered much when he simply threw me back to the ground without even putting a finger on me as he simply moved his hand.

,, s-stop .. s-stop "

I pleaded when I crawled foreward on the ground turning back around to him. My hands were covered in blood and I started feeling light headed.
,, jongin .. j-jon"

2 hands grabbed me from my shirt on my back and threw me away to let me meet the dirt elsewhere as I sucked in a wheezed breath before coughing it out in pieces afterwards repeating thai action a few times.
,, your beloved cant help you "

I cried out at the pain of my entire body, blood was seeping through my shirt in the front and I wouldn't even dare to move as I heard alios steady steps head toward me.

,, get up "

I glared at him as he held my son in his arm, his eyes glew up.
,, GET UP!"

I took deep breaths holding onto my still wounded stomach and finally getting to my weak feet in agony at this point the edges of my vision had started turning black slowly.
,, was it worth it ?"

Him saying that made me look around again, jongin was laying further away with his head turned to not face me, he was covered in ash and dirt and it once again brought tears to my eyes as I clenched my teeth weakly looking at the demon in front of me.
,, please "

,, all this spilled blood for something you wouldn't be able to keep Anyway " he looked down at my baby, his eyes closed and face so peacefully...
the thought of alios taking our beautiful little miracle away from us
Was tearing me apart and I got to my knees in pain .