Chapter 10

The war dragged on for seven months of fighting between Enrico's men and Mario Conte's men. The number of the men who died in the war kept increasing, businesses of the two Mafia organizations were affected as little money was made in the hostile environment.

The safety of the public was also in danger, as the number of innocent people caught in the crossfire of the war was increasing. Both sides were not showing signs of backing down.

Fernando was sick and tired of the senseless war between the two organizations. He scheduled a meeting with an old associate who had connections within the Conte family.

Fernando was standing near his car at a parking lot. A white car entered the parking lot, the car parked opposite Fernando's car. A man wearing a black jeans and leather jacket got out and went to open the passenger door. A man in a black suit came out of the car and he looked well presented. His hair was dark brown.

Fernando smiled as he looks at his associate.

"Long time." Fernando said as walks toward the man.

"No time, old friend." The man says as they shake hands.

"Lucky, I need your help to stop the war between my organization against the Conte family. I know you have connections within the Conte family."

Lucky McCarthy was a influential player in the underworld. Lucky owned hotels, and casinos.

"Hm, that might be tricky. Considering the situation between the two gangs. The Conte family will not stop till your organization is crushed."

"I know that. But I have a plan that will be a win-win for both sides. This war is not good for business, cops are starting to get involved in it." Fernando said as looks worried.

"What are you suggesting?" Lucky asks.

"Well, just get me the meeting with someone within the Conte family. You'll know my plan to end this war." Fernando said confidently.

******************************
Guess what Fernando plan?