Chapter 17

Two weeks passed after the death of Mario Conte. His death opened the door for Joe to take the role to be leader of the Conte family which changed to Joe's surname Balotti . Fernando established The Council that will be governing body of the Mafia in Miami. The Council will oversee all Mafia activities in Miami and serve to mediate conflicts between gang's.

All the Mafia gang's in Miami welcomed the establishment of The Council. Fernando saw the impact of the war had in the organization, their legit businesses were making losses. Their drug business was not doing well. Fernando had to find a way to make money to keep his organization going. Fernando saw some of their businesses were not making money.

Tommy walked in the office, he could see Fernando was a worried man.

"Fernando, what's wrong? You seem worried."

"Our financial condition is not looking good. If things go on like this we'll be in trouble."

"Hm, it bad." Tommy says as he sat opposite Fernando.

Fernando sighed.

"So what will we do to get the money to survive?" Tommy asks.

"It time we head back to basics. It been a long time since we did a big score."

"Now you're talking my language." Tommy says as he looks intrigued.

"It time we did what we did best. I miss doing a hiest." Fernando stated.

Fernando's father was a master in pulling a hiest. Fernando could reminisce the old days when he started doing hiests with his father. But the the thought of how his father's life ended made him feel a bit sad. Fernando's father was killed by his own gang members after they pulled off a hiest in San Francisco. Fernando knew he needed to have men he can trust in this journey.

******************************