Chapter 13

The news of the death of Enrico was making the headlines. Joe kept his end of the deal he managed to convince his boss to end the war after the death of Enrico.

Joe invited Fernando to meet Mario. The two men met at Mario's study room.

"So you're the man who finally ended Enrico's life?" Mario inquires.

"Yes, it had to be done. He lost the plot." Fernando replied as he looks serious.

"That's true, he was losing it. At the time of the war we lost a lot of money. But with the war past us we will make a lot of money." Joe says.

"Exactly. And I hope Don Mario that you'll stick to your word and no more war." Fernando said firmly.

"I promise no more war. My men have already left some territories belonging to the Miami Rollers." Mario informed.

"Wait a minute, what do you mean some? I expect all of my gang's territories back to us." Fernando countered.

"Take it as your gang's punishment for causing this war. And for my son's death."

"This is absolutely insane. I thought we'll start over and with no surprises." Fernando said as he looks annoyed.

"Take it or leave it. I wouldn't mind going to war with you, Fernando." Mario's tone was threatening.

"Wow, this is how you operate?"

"Welcome to the big league. You've a long way to go in becoming an experienced leader." Mario said.

"But this is not fair. My men expect their all their territories back."

"That's your problem not mine. And to add more great news I will need every week payment from you as a tribute." A twisted smile appears in Mario's face.

"That's nonsense! I'll not do such a thing. You think I'll roll over and be pushed over by you. Forget it." Fernando roared as he stood up.

"Relax, Fernando." Joe pleaded.

"No, I can't relax while he messing with my gang's income." Fernando snarled.

Fernando left the room.

******************************