Chapter 15

Fernando was rushed into hospital, he was being treated. Tommy organised men to guard Fernando room, he feared the attackers might return to finish the job. Tommy stood at the waiting area, he looked anxious as tonight he nearly lost his best friend. Tommy saw Lucky and his man walked in.

"I came as soon as I heard the news. How is he?" Lucky inquires as shake hands with Tommy.

"He's fine, he got lucky that the police came to his rescue. If they didn't arrive Fernando would've died."

Lucky looked concerned as he listened Tommy.

"But who would do such a thing?" Lucky questions.

"I wish I knew. If I knew I would've went after them now. I don't what anything bad to happen to Fernando." Tommy spoke as he folded his arms.

The Doctor came to them.

"Doc, can we see him now?" Tommy asks.

"Sure. He will be discharged tonight. I have prescribed him some pills for the pains."

"Thank you so much, Doc."

The Doctor left them. Tommy and Lucky went to the room where Fernando was. They enter the room, they saw Fernando; he had bruises on the face. Fernando was happy to see his fellow men.

"We are glad you're okay." Tommy said as they walk toward Fernando who was seated on the bed.

"I'll survive this hiccup." Fernando says in low voice.

"Who did this to you, Fernando?" Lucky enquires.

"I suspect Mario Conte, he had a motive to do this. He wants me dead after our meeting soured." Fernando responded as he looks in pain.

"I thought you had an agreement with them." Tommy said as looks confused.

"I thought so too. Mario doesn't want peace, the demands he made are nonsense. He wants too much from us." Fernando added.

"Don't worry, Fernando. I will deal with Mario for once and for all." Lucky assured.

******************************