Chapter 1

Hey guys! I'm Karissa and I'm 13 years old. This is my first story, so I don't really know where to start... Anyway, I hope you like it!

When Sophie Foster arrived at her telepathy session on Monday morning, she smiled, seeing Fitz Vacker waiting for her in his usual fluffy red armchair. She happily plopped down on the identical chair across from him as Tiergan told them to continue doing their trust exercises. 

Sophie opened her mind, and heard Fitz immediately.

You look good today, Fitz transmitted. Sophie blushed, feeling self-conscious of her jeweled red tunic and patterned black leggings. Biana had insisted on buying Sophie a new wardrobe, and to make her friend happy, Sophie decided to wear some of the new clothes.

Thanks, Biana got them for me. You look rather good yourself, but that's not a surprise. Sophie said it in a teasing tone, but she actually meant it. His outfit today was no exception. He had on a simple blue jerkin that showed off his broad shoulders and a pair of gray leggings with pockets at the ankles. The first time Sophie met Fitz, she'd asked him why, and he explained that all male elves had pockets at their ankles so they wouldn't sit on the stuff that they needed.

So, when are you going to tell me that secret you promised? 

Sophie blushed. I'd rather not tell you right now, she replied, glancing at Tiergan. Catching his worried expression, she continued, It's not bad or anything, just personal.

Alright, he responded, his countenance back to normal. Meet me at my house after school. You can tell me there. 

Sophie considered going home instead, but she knew she needed to tell him sooner or later, and there would never be a good time to confess her long-time crush. Ok, she told him, exhaling deeply. They continued with light trust exercises, until Tiergan dismissed them. They walked out together and headed to the Leapmaster. 

"Everglen!" Fitz called, grabbing Sophie's hand so she couldn't change her mind.

"Everglen," Sophie muttered.

Once they arrived, Sophie saw Biana waiting, looking like a teen model as usual in her long light blue tunic with a golden sash. "Hi Sophie! Do you guys want to play Base Quest?"

"Sorry Biana," Fitz responded before Sophie could say that they would. "Sophie and I have some homework to do for telepathy."

"Oh, all right," Biana replied, frowning. "Maybe afterwards."

"Ok, bye Biana," Fitz called as he dragged a resistant Sophie to his bedroom. When Sophie got to his bedroom, she looked wide-eyed. Though she'd been to Everglen many times, she'd never been in his room. His walls were dark grey, and everything was accented in emerald colored jewels. On closer inspection, Sophie realized that they weren't just emerald colored, they were emeralds. Even after living in the elvin world for a few years, the unimaginable wealth still amazed her.

You aren't stalling, I hope. Fitz's crisp voice filled her head as he pulled her to his bed. She sat down beside him. Don't forget why you're here, he grinned. And if you tell me your secret, I will tell you mine.

Ok. Wait- you have one, too?

Maybe...

Sophie rolled her eyes, taking a deep breath and trying to rid herself of the worries that sprang up whenever she thought about telling him. My secret is, I-I I like you Fitz. Like, I like, like you.

Fitz smiled warmly as he whispered, "I like you, too." He leaned towards her and wrapped his arms around her. She sighed contentedly, leaning her head against Fitz's chest and wrapping her arms around his body.

Fitz gently rubbed her head with one hand and held her with the other. They sat like that for a long time, until they heard a squeal. 

That's the end of Chapter One! I hope y'all liked it. Let me know if you want me to add anything and I'll try to incorporate it. Thanks for reading! -Karissa