Chapter 30

Sophie was cut off by Fitz pressing his lips to hers. She tried to resist, to pull away, but she couldn't. His lips were so welcoming, so amazing, and she felt herself soaking in and kissing back. Finally he pulled away, blushing. "YOU JERK!" Sophie screeched. "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?! YOU KNOW THAT I LOVE SOMEONE ELSE."

"Soph, I'm sorry, I just- well, I needed to show you how I felt."

"I got that much when you told me that you loved me. Well forget about it. I love someone else, and I will never, ever love you." Sophie stormed out of the room, and after a few steps, she ran into something, or someone. It was Keefe. Sophie started sobbing, soaking his nice tunic with her tears. Keefe gently led her into a spare bedroom and sat down on the bed, still holding Sophie.

"Shhhh, shhhhh," he whispered into her ear. "It's gonna be ok. I knew that it was a bad idea."

"Keefe, it was... a g-good idea until... well, until he k-kissed me."

"HE DID WHAT?"

"And, I-I didn't pull away. I'm really sorry Keefe, I tried but it was so tempting and I'm so so so so sorry." Sophie broke down again, turning away from Keefe.

Keefe wrapped his arms around her waist, helping her stand up. "How many times have you forgiven me, Foster? I think it's time that I start to repay you." Keefe leaned down and moved closer to Sophie. She could feel his warm breath on her cheek. "Because that's what people do when they love each other." Just before he closed the space between their lips, a loud cry sounded from Fitz's room. Sophie jumped away from Keefe and raced to Fitz's room. She threw open the door. It was a false alarm though, because all she saw was Fitz with his head buried in his pillowcase. 

"I blew it! I just want her back. I want her to be mine. She's the only thing keeping me up. And I blew it all because of a stupid love potion. I hate myself!" he cried, his voice muffled by the pillows. Sophie looked back and saw Keefe standing by her. He nodded, so she went into Fitz's room. She sat down on the edge of his bed. "Soph?" Sophie gently placed her hand on his back and rubbed it in slow calm circles. Soon, she felt his breathing slow and he looked up with bloodshot eyes. "Why are you even in here? I thought you hated me," he croaked.

"Fitz, I don't hate you. In fact, I think of you just like I think of a brother. Sometimes I don't like you, but I love you anyway."

"Did you just friend-zone me?" Fitz asked, a small smile creeping onto his lips.

"Possibly," Sophie answered, grinning in response.

"Well I guess that's better than enemy-zoning me." Sophie cracked up.

"Is that even a thing?" she asked.

"It is now."

"Bye Fitz."

"Bye Soph." He cautiously hugged her, and Sophie walked out of the room feeling lighter than she had in a long time because of the weight inside when she and Fitz were in their argument.

"I love you, Keefe," Sophie said as she walked back to the bedroom with him.

Keefe's eyes widened. "I love you, too, Foster."

Hey guys! Just checking on y'all. Hope your having a good holiday season! Today, I found out that I made my school's Battle Of the Books team! It's my third year on it, and my last one because it's only for middle school. Thanks for reading this! 1.5k views is incredible! Also, sorry MaryamApplesauce, but Fitzphie's not getting back together. SORRY! Bye! -Karissa