Chapter 22

Hey guys! It's almost Thanksgiving! This is gonna be a short chapter because I'm in the car driving to Ohio, and I'm typing on my phone. My mom wouldn't let me bring my Chromebook. Also, thank you @Gabriaud113 for your comment. I will try to add some more action. Enjoy!

"I like you, too, Soph," Keefe whispered back. "Come on. Let's go... somewhere." Sophie agreed, and she and Keefe walked out of the house.

"Where are we going?" Sophie asked as they left the house.

"Well, I figured that it was my job to cheer you up. So, I decided to take you on a date." Sophie blushed and grinned. About 5 minutes later, they were in Atlantis. "Follow me," Keefe said, lightly pulling Sophie's hand. He stopped in front of a sweet ice store. "Have you ever had sweet ice before?"

"No," Sophie replied.

"Well, it's like human ice cream, but better," Keefe explained. They got inside, and were greeted with hundreds of delicious smells.

"Mmmm," Sophie said. They got to the counter, and Keefe ordered a Mallowmelt flavored sweet ice cone. Sophie eventually decided on a Butterblast milkshake. "Thank you, Keefe." Sophie and Keefe sat down on a bench outside of the store.

"Hey Foster?" Keefe asked. His voice seemed deeper, and he leaned closer to her.

"Yeah?" They were so close that there was only a wisp of space between their lips, until they were interrupted by familiar laughing voices. Sophie and Keefe jumped apart. When they looked up, they saw Fitz and Marella, hand in hand.

"You're so funny, Fitzy," Marella giggled. Fitz smiled, leaned forward, and kissed her passionately.

"You're so much better than Sophie ever was. I'm glad I chose you instead." Sophie's teeth clenched and her hands clenched at her sides. She was pleased to see a decent sized bruise forking at his cheekbone.

"I HATE YOU, FITZROY AVERY VACKER!" Sophie yelled.

"Oh, uh, hi Soph. What are you doing here, with... Keefe?"

"First of all, DON'T call me Soph. Secondly, he is being a good boyfriend, who won't cheat on me, and who loves me, and who actually cares about me. Come on, Keefe. Let's get away from these losers."