Chapter 26

Happy late Thanksgiving! I hope y'all had an awesome Thanksgiving. I tried to publish this on Thanksgiving, but ran out of time. Sorry! I'm still deciding on what to make Fitz do, so please comment.

"That little..." Biana growled, followed by a string of words Sophie would've been grounded for saying.

"Well what are we going to do?" Linh asked.

"I'm going to save Fitz." Sophie replied.

"Really?" Tam questioned. "Are you sure it's safe?"

"Is anything Foster does ever safe?" Keefe chimed in.

"Point there. Well, we need a plan." Tam responded.

"That's why I'm here, and luckily, I have one," Mr. Forkle said, emerging from the corner he was standing in. "Tonight, you will go alone," he started, shooting a look at Sandor when he started to protest. "You will rescue Fitz quickly and come back immediately. Ok?"

"Um, that doesn't sound safe though." Sophie replied.

"Don't worry, if you need us just press your panic switch. You will leave in ten minutes. Good luck." 

After 10 minutes...

"Ok, I think I'm ready," Sophie said, preparing to rescue Fitz. She turned to the Leapmaster, and was totally surprised when she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her from behind.

"Be safe, Foster," Keefe said into her ear, making her shiver. He said it lightheartedly, but Sophie could see that he really meant it.

"I always am Keefe. Just remember, I'm doing this for you." Sophie bopped him on the nose, and then yelled, "The Four Seasons Tree" into the Leapmaster. She was gone before he could respond.