Chapter 15

"What were you and Fitz doing this afternoon?"

Sophie felt her face heat up a million degrees. "Wewerekissing," she blurted out quickly.

"What, I didn't catch that, can you repeat it?" Biana asked,wickedly.

"We were kissing," Sophie said, slower this time.

"The whole afternoon!?" Biana squealed.

"Yes," Sophie replied. "Keefe, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Ok, I dare you to lick the floor for one minute."

"Ew!" he exclaimed. "Ok." He bent down and started licking the floor. It was hilarious, and by the end of the minute, everyone was laughing so hard that they decided to stop the game.

"Let's just go to bed now," Linh suggested.

Nobody disagreed with her, so everyone got out of their chairs. Just as Sophie was about to take a step, a voice said, "Nope," behind her and lifted her off of the ground. Sophie blushed because she had forgotten about the dare.

"Dex?" she called. "How am I supposed to get changed?"

Dex laughed evilly and kept walking up the stairs. Sophie rolled her eyes. "At least I don't have to worry about tripping on the stairs," Sophie quietly told Fitz.

"Are you saying that I won't fall?" Fitz asked.

"Correct, because you're so perfect that it is impossible for you to fall." The words sprung out of  Sophie's mouth before she could stop herself, and she blushed furiously, clapping a hand over her mouth.

Fitz flashed a movie-star worthy smile, and Sophie could feel her insides turn into pudding. "Let's go to my room, first," he whispered, his breath tickling her ear. Sophie just nodded, unsure of what might pop out of her mouth next. Fitz sat her gently down on his bed and covered her mouth with his.

"What was that for?" Sophie asked, pulling away, surprised.

"It was a goodnight kiss. I figured that you would be ok with it, but if not..."

"I'm more than ok with it," Sophie cut him off. "In fact, I may need another one, just to help me sleep well."

Fitz grinned. "If you say so." He kissed her again, and this time, she kissed back.

When they broke apart, Fitz lifted Sophie up and brought her to her room. After an awkward 15 minutes of getting ready for bed, it was time for Fitz to set Sophie down. She immediately missed the presence of his arms around her. But he made up for it though because when Sophie closed her eyes, Fitz started rubbing her head. As she drifted off, she swore she heard the words, "I love you so much, Soph. I hope you remember that."