Chapter 12

So, I lied. You probably guessed who the person was correctly. 

"Keefe?" Sophie asked.

"Yep, it's me!" Sophie raced over and hugged him tightly. "Missed you, too, Foster."

Sophie blushed and pulled away. "I'm just glad you're here. I thought... Wait. Fitz said that you fell into lava. How are you alive?"

"Body-temperature regulation. Remember, I was in the Neverseen. Hey Fitzy! You haven't said anything yet. Aren't you happy to see me?"

"First of all, don't call me that. Second of all, I feel like such a bad friend. I should have tried to save you, but I thought that you were dead."

"It's fine, I would've done the same thing." Keefe paused. "Actually, no I wouldn't have, but I see where you're coming from. Anyway, I forgive you."

"Thanks," Fitz replied.

"You're wel..."

"KEEFE!" Biana interrupted. She ran towards him and launched herself into his arms. "I thought you were dead!"

"Biana?" Tam asked, walking into the room. He glared at Keefe, who had Biana in his arms. "Did something change?" 

"No! I was just saying hi to Keefe. He's not dead!"

"Oh yeah. That. How did you survive?"

"Body-temperature regulation." Fitz said before Keefe could. "He learned it from his time with the Neverseen."

"Oh," Biana and Tam replied.

Wanna get out of here? Fitz transmitted. I feel like it's gonna be pretty repetitive. 

As if to prove him right, Della walked in. "Keefe!" She exclaimed.

Sure, Sophie replied. Where should we go?

I was thinking maybe just for a walk around the house.

That sounds great.