Chapter 6

After a delicious dinner of brattails and blitzenberry muffins, Fitz, Tam, Dex, and Keefe went up to Fitz's room, and Biana and Linh went to Biana's room. Tam and Dex crawled into their sleeping bags, and they fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow. Keefe and Fitz grinned at each other. They had slipped a sleeping elixir into Dex and Tam's dinner because Tam always stayed up the latest, and Dex was an extremely light sleeper. Fitz and Keefe snuck out at 11:45. After they left the house, Fitz held up his crystal. "Havenfield," he whispered, so he wouldn't give anything away. They were whisked off to Sophie's house, and once they arrived they raced to the Panakes tree. 

Gethen was waiting under it for them, "I see you read my note," he started. "Well, if you want her back, then you have to pass a couple of tests: a logic test and a physical test. Are you willing to do that to get Sophie back?'

"Of course!" Keefe and Fitz both exclaimed at the same time. They quickly lowered their voices. "When do we start?" Keefe asked, eager to get her back as soon as possible. 

"Meet us at the place where this crystal leads tomorrow at noon." Then, Gethen glittered away, leaving Fitz and Keefe standing, hold the crystal.

"Well, we'd better get back," Fitz suggested. They leapt home and crawled into their sleeping bags, exhausted from staying up so late, and wanting to get enough rest to sustain them for whatever the Neverseen had planned for them tomorrow. 

The next morning flew by as Fitz and Keefe tried to mentally prepare themselves for the tests. They could tell that everyone was suspicious of their anxious behaviors, and they tried to just play it off with an "I'm tired". At noon, Fitz and Keefe said that they were going to get presents for the girls, but as soon as they left the house, they light leapt to the place the crystal led to. As soon as they got their bearings, Fitz gasped.

Sorry! I couldn't resist adding another cliffhanger. I am trying to write at least 1 chapter every day... let's see how long I can keep that up for lol! -Karissa