Chapter 7

43 views! This is soooo AWESOME! Thanks guys! This chapter will be pretty long, but no one has commented yet on their preferred length of chapters so.... Hope y'all enjoy!

As Keefe struggled to wake Fitz up, he looked around the room to see what had set Fitz off. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary unless... there was one thing- a small table for two with a dim light over the top. On the table, there was a big plate of mallowmelt, butterblasts, and two cups of cinnacreme. Keefe didn't know why that had caused Fitz to pass out, but it had to be important. Fitz finally woke up a few minutes later and they both set off to the door at the end of the room. Keefe didn't question Fitz because he figured that Fitz would tell him later.

Once they went through the door, they found Gethen waiting for them. "For your logic test, I will give you a riddle. 'I give giraffes spots and I will make you laugh. I make sprite fizz and boys style their hair. I give chocolate its color, and if you look at me, you'll faint. Can you solve this riddle?'" (I got this riddle off of the internet, but reworded it. It is not mine. I don't know who wrote it, but I give you credit. It's a good riddle.)

Fitz and Keefe looked at each other, confusion twisting their features. Suddenly, Fitz had an idea- reading Gethen's mind. He closed his eyes and pretended to be concentrating on solving the riddle, but really he was searching for the answer. He found it easily because Gethen was concentrating on it. Fitz opened his eyes and tried to look confused. "I think I've got it," he said hesitantly.

"Well," Gethen replied. "Go on."

"It's no. I cannot solve this riddle. There is no answer, so the answer is no."

Gethen looked genuinely surprised. "Wow. I didn't think that you would get that. Now you have a better chance of getting your little girlfriend back." Fitz grinned smugly.

"Can we do our next test now?" Keefe asked, trying to change the subject.

"Of course, of course. I see you're still jealous the Fitz got the love of your life. Follow me. Right this way," Gethen responded, leading them to a door. When he opened the door, Fitz looked down and saw a pool of lava in a pit at the bottom of the room. In front of them, there was a thin, frayed rope ladder that didn't look like it could support any weight. At the top of the ladder, there was an obstacle course. "Just complete this. Your girlfriend is on the other side of that door." Gethen pointed to a black door at the end of the course.

Fitz started up the ladder with Keefe on his heels. Apparently the ladder was stronger than it looked because it didn't even bend under their weight. "I feel like this is a trap. How could it be this easy?" Keefe whispered to Fitz once they made it to the top.

Fitz shrugged. "Well, he seemed surprised when we got the riddle right, so maybe he's telling the truth." They continued the course in silence. When they finally made it to the last obstacle, a bridge with missing planks, Keefe lost his footing. He screamed as he plunged into the lava below. "KEEFE!" Fitz yelled. "NOOOOOO!" Fitz was extremely upset, but he knew that he was wasting time. Keefe wasn't coming back. He quickly finished the course, but when he went to turn the door knob, he realized that the door was just an illusion. He should have realized that this was a trap. The ladder was the first sign that something was wrong. Fitz started to fall, until he heard a laugh.

Gethen's voice cackled throughout the room. "I knew you would fall for that. Now there are three less Black Swan members that we have to deal with." Suddenly, a net fell over Fitz's head and he was lifted up through the ceiling.

If anyone wants me to add anything, comment below. Also, sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger! I had another idea of something to add for the story, so it's going to be longer than planned. That's good though. I like long stories better. If you don't, I'm in the process of writing some others, and some of them are shorter. See ya! -Karissa