Chapter 11

Fitz helped Sophie get into a standing position, and then leaned forward pulled her into a hug. He lifted her off of the ground, and held her in his arms. She knew that he wanted to kiss her, and she wanted to kiss him, too, but she didn't feel like it was the right time. 

Why? Sophie transmitted.

What? Fitz questioned.

Why are you so amazing that every second of the day, all I can think about is  just being with you? Why are you so perfect? Why do I love you so much? Actually, I know the answer to that last one. It's because you are Fitz Vacker, and you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Sophie Foster, you are beautiful, amazing, and talented, and I wouldn't trade you for anything in the whole world. Ever. And do you know why?

Why?

Because I love you more than anything else. 

Sophie ached with longing for Fitz, so she leaned forward until there was only a wisp of space between their lips. "I love you," she said. Then, she gently closed the space between them. It was a gentle, short kiss, but Sophie loved it and wanted more. She didn't get the chance to kiss him again, though, because suddenly, the door opened just a crack. Sophie and Fitz jumped apart, not wanting anyone to know how close they just were. 

"Did you miss me?" a familiar mischievous voice asked. Sophie and Fitz gasped.