Chapter 29 (Fitz's POV)

"Fitz, you need to go up and talk to her. Maybe then she won't hate you as much," Linh suggested.

"I'll try, but I don't really think it's going to work," I replied. But, I still got up and walked up the stairs, thinking about what I had done. I don't know what got into me! I just left my girlfriend, the one who I truly loved, and went to Marella. I have no idea why I did it.

Well, actually, I do know. Marella told me that if she ever needed me, she would send some fire that only I could see. About a half hour after Sophie and Keefe left to rescue the Black Swan members, she did just that. I immediately went to find her, and when I did, she was in a dark closet under Everglen's stairs. She looked up at me with such longing in her eyes, and I couldn't resist it. Maybe it was how close we were, or how private it was, or just the way that she looked a me with those big, blue, beautiful eyes. I leaned down and kissed her. She melted into it and kissed back harder. I don't know what happened after that, except that I was madly in love with her, and she was the best thing that ever happened to me. Love potion? Whatever it was, it caused me to cheat on my girlfriend and date a traitor. The next time I saw Marella...

I looked up and realized I was right in front of Biana's door. What am I going to say? She'll never forgive me. She said so herself. I want her to be my girlfriend again, but she's dating Keefe. Maybe I can make her love me again? I slowly opened the door and saw her sitting on the bed with a furious expression. 

"Are you here to comfort me? To tell me that we can be friends again?" Sophie spat, her beautiful face contorted in rage. I slowly walked over to her and started rubbing her back in slow circles like I used to. It used to help her calm down, but this time, she just flinched away. "Don't even think about it."

I slowly felt a tear roll down my cheek. Before I knew it, I was bawling like a baby in front of the girl who I wanted so desperately. "Sophie, I can't even... begin to say... how sorry... I am," I said through sniffles. Quickly pulling myself together, I continued. "I don't know what got into me, other than the fact that everytime I did something with Marella, your face would flash into my mind, and I'd immediately wish it were you."

"Well then why didn't you come to me?" Sophie asked, cautiously bringing her hand up and wiping a tear from my cheek.

"I couldn't. Something she did to me... I don't know for sure, but I think it was a love potion."

"Oh, Fitz, I'm sorry. But, I still don't know if I can forgive you, even if it was a love potion."

"Soph," I tried. This time she didn't correct me. "I still love you."

"Fitz, you know that I'm with Keefe now. And, well, I love him."

"I know," I said, my voice cracking. "Can I, um, well, try something?"

"I guess," she responded, looking unsure, but trusting.

I leaned closer and her eyes widened. "Fi-"