Chapter 27

When Sophie got to the Four Seasons Tree, no one else was there. Sophie looked around for something she was missing, but she couldn't find anything- unless, there was a small mound of fresh, recently upturned dirt lying in a pile. Sophie hurried over to it and started digging. After a couple of agonizing minutes of no discoveries, Sophie's hand bumped something solid. She quickly uncovered it and realized there was a button on it. She pressed it, and a box slid up from the ground. There was a pounding on the inside, and Sophie tore into it, not knowing what she would find. 

When she finally go it open, she saw a snake. Sophie jumped away because if there was one thing she hated more than the Neverseen, it was snakes. "Sssssoph," it said, and it sounded just like her name. Sophie cautiously walked back over to the box and saw an elixir in the box with the snake. "Ssssss let me sssss drink." Sophie snatched the elixir out and quickly poured it down the snake's throat. The snake started shifting it's appearance, until finally...

"S-Sophie?" Fitz stuttered.

Sophie immediately forgot her hate when she saw the poor boy in the box. "It's me," she cooed. "Can you get up?"

"I'll t-try." He slowly rose on two shakey feet and carefully stepped out. "Thanks, Soph."

Sophie froze as her anger slowly poured back in. "I thought I told you not to call me that," she said in a cold voice. 

"I'm so so sorry. I forgot. Please forgive me Sophie. Please," he begged.

"Nope. We'll talk about this when you're better. Let's go." Sophie grabbed him roughly by the arm and dragged him over to her leaping crystal. "Everglen," she called. As the light whisked them away, Sophie swore she saw a small tear run down Fitz's cheek.