Chapter 16

(This takes place a few days later. Everyone is still staying at Everglen.)

"Sophie, Sophie," a voice whispered. 

Sophie slowly opened her eyes. "What is it, Biana?" she asked groggily.

"Get up and dressed. We are all waking our boyfriends up. It's a competition though. Whoever comes downstairs last has to describe either 1. How they woke him up, or 2. How it feels to kiss him."

"Bring it on," Sophie challenged. Linh and Biana exchanged a glance.

"On your mark, get set, go!" Linh exclaimed.

Sophie quietly raced to Fitz's room. Unlike the girls, all of the boys slept in different rooms. She opened the door, and decided to close it behind her. Fitz was sleeping peacefully, and Sophie felt bad about waking him, but she definitely didn't want to do either of the things that Biana described. She went over to his bed and knelt down next to him.

She pressed her mouth on him, and almost instantly, she felt him kiss back. When she pulled back, Fitz asked, "What was that Ma-" Fitz opened his eyes. "Um, Sophie?" Sophie was confused on why he would think it was Marella, but she decided to ignore it.

"A good morning kiss. We kinda had a race to see who could wake their boyfriend up first."

Fitz rolled his eyes. "Well if we don't go downstairs for a while, maybe they'll call off whatever consequence there is."

Sophie's eyes widened. "How did you know there was a consequence?"

Fitz patted the space on the bed next to him. "Because I know my sister. Care to explain the consequences?"

"Basically, if you're the last person to come down, you have to explain either how you woke them up, or how it feels to kiss them," Sophie replied, sitting next to him.

"Well, do you want me to explain how it feels to kiss you?"

Sophie blushed. "If you want," she said, snuggling closer.

"It feels like fireworks exploding everywhere in my body. It feels like being set free from Exile. It feels like soaring on an alicorn. It feels like... true love." For some reason, his words didn't sound as sincere as usual, and Sophie wondered why he was acting so strange.