Chapter 24

I have one thing to say: Please vote! ;)

"Oof," Keefe grunted as he and Sophie made a rough landing in a grassy park. Once he got his bearings, he started scolding Sophie. "Foster, you've got a LOT to learn. First of all, you can't just run out of your room, away from your dad. Second, well actually that's it." Sophie burst out laughing uncontrollably. "You good, Foster?"

"Keefe... Help... This isn't... Me..." Tears started streaming down her face. "It's... Laughing elixir... From... The Neverseen." 

"Sophie! Just breathe. Hold on. I'll get Elwin. Wait," Keefe exclaimed, fumbling for his imparter. "Where are we?" He took in his surroundings, but of course they were someplace he'd never seen before.

"Meadow... bank."

"Elwin?"

"Hey Keefe! What's up... Oh no. What's wrong?" Elwin's facade immediately changed with one glanced at Keefe's panicked expression.

"Sophie had a laughing elixir from the Neverseen, and now she can hardly breathe. We're at Meadowbank."

"Meadowbank? Nevermind. I'm on my way."

Seconds later, Elwin glittered into view. "Don't worry. I can help her. He took out a small bottle with a shimmery ice blue liquid inside. Elwin lifted up the bottle and pressed it to Sophie's lips. She gulped it down willingly. Suddenly, she started hacking. She coughed up a piece of paper that was surprisingly dry. Keefe reached over and picked up the paper.

"'Your precious Fitz Vacker has been kidnapped," Keefe read. "If you don't come to the Four Seasons Tree and rescue him before 5 days time, he will be banished to the Forbidden Cities, never to return. -Marella'"