Chapter 4

When Sophie got back to Havenfield, she was excited for the sleepover, but still felt guilty about Keefe. She hadn't meant to hurt him, she'd been so oblivious that she hadn't even known he'd liked her. The more she thought about it, the closer Keefe started to feel, and Sophie couldn't figure out why. She liked Fitz, and Keefe was just a friend, right? Sophie flopped on to her bed and groaned. Why was being a normal teenage so difficult? 

After lying on her bed for a while, watching her human family out of her Spyglass, she looked over at the time and realized that she needed to be at Everglen in 15 minutes! Sophie wanted to look nice, so she picked out a purple strapless dress with a long skirt, and a pair of black flats. She was going to wear the shoes that went with it, but after one look at the 6 inch heels, she decided she didn't want to risk a broken ankle. She went over to her spectral mirror and let Vertina talk her into some makeup. She and Vertina had been getting closer lately, now that Sophie was more agreeable when it came to fashion.

Finally Sophie light-leaped to Everglen, and right before she walked through Everglen's gates, she was lifted off of the ground by a pair of strong arms. She grinned up at her captor, until she realized that it wasn't Fitz. "G-Gethen?" Sophie stammered. This couldn't be happening. Not when Sophie was finally about to do something normal. The Neverseen ruined literally everything! "What do y-you want?"

"You're coming with me." Before Sophie could protest, he clamped a sickly sweet scented cloth over her face, and she drifted into unconsciousness. 

Sorry for the shorter chapter! The next chapter will be from Fitz's point of view. Comment below if you would rather have cliffhangers! Bye! - Karissa