Chapter 234 - 236

🔘Chapter 234: Beggars Couldn't Be Choosers

"I can disguise myself!" Xiao Fang answered with a smug face.

Uncle Qiu, "..."

What was the difference between her new idea and her previous one? Wasn't those two things the same?

Both of the ideas were about how she would disguise herself as a maidservant or servant, right? Uncle Qiu was quite surprised by her naivety.

He was pretty sure if she was the one who came along with him --- she would be found out in a flash.

After all, her disguise skill was also quite lacking.

He had to admit that his best friend really spoiled this daughter of his and she was good at four arts skills, but not for other things.

However, judging from Xiao Fang's family condition, she needed to be trained and toughened up a little bit.

What if something happened to him and her father?

Should he agree with her request? Uncle Qiu had never felt so conflicted in his life ah~!

"Let me think about it for a day!" Uncle Qiu finally relented. "I will let you know later, okay?"

Xiao Fang nodded happily.

At least, she got him to think about it and she was pretty sure that she would get a positive answer.

Uncle Qiu suddenly remembered something, "Where is your friend, Yao Ling?"

Xiao Fang looked up in surprise by the sudden question, "Why are you asking about her?"

Uncle Qiu furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and asked her back,

"Didn't she want to play with Bao Bei? I already told her that I will bring Bao Bei out for a ride today, so why didn't she come along with you? I almost forgot about it!"

Xiao Fang almost forgot about this too!

She heard about their conversation yesterday, thus, she answered,

"I'm not sure about that. Let me check on her! What time will you take Bao Bei out for a ride?"

Uncle Qiu answered, "Around Shen Shi [modern timing: 3 pm- 5 pm], so the weather won't be too hot."

Xiao Fang nodded in understanding.

After that, Xiao Fang decided to go back to Yao Ling's room and asked them what kind of excuse she should use to avoid Uncle Qiu's suspicion.

She just hoped that Uncle Qiu would buy her reasoning.

Once she went back to Yao Ling's room, Lin Jian and Yao Ying were still waiting for her there.

They nodded in agreement when they heard that Xiao Fang wanted to meet along Aunt Yue because it seemed like she was the only one who knew what was going on --- probably she also understood what made Yao Ling faint until now.

Yao Ying didn't forget about the Crescent Moon birthmark on the back on Yao Ling's neck.

He started to connect the dots, even though he didn't really sure about his guesses.

Was she one of those Bai Yue people? He felt a headache coming because of this confusing matter.

Yao Ying asked Lin Jian, "Is it wise to tell Uncle Qiu that Yao Ling is sick?"

Lin Jian sighed while looking at Xiao Fang. "We can trust Uncle Qiu, but what about the others? If someone knows something about the glowing symbols, won't they also know the effect for the person who triggered the glowing symbols?"