Chapter 309: The Preparation Of Their Performance

Yao Ling looked up and smiled, "Bai Yi Gu Niang, we are almost ready. How much time do we still have left?"

"Around an incense of stick of time. We still need to walk to the banquet's location and it will take quite a little while. That's why all of you should be in a hurry!" Bai Yi explained.

Her supervisor had told her to give a reminder to her own trope --- they shouldn't be late or they would hinder the rest of the performances.

Yao Ling quickly pretended to be nervous and tell the others to finish up everything quickly --- everything became so hectic in a flash.

Bai Yi looked at the equipment that they brought and gasped in surprise. "Why are there so many?!" She asked in a loud voice.

Not only many, but it looked so random too in her eyes.

Yao Ling helplessly answered her, "Our master demanded us to present a spectacular performance, of course, we have to do the best. Thus, we must go all out. This equipment is also prepared with the help of the Prime Minister, otherwise, how could lowly performers like us afford it?"

Bai Yi squinted her eyes, somehow, she was still feeling suspicious."What kind of performance that all of you will do?" She asked softly.

"It's written on the schedule..." Yao Ling trailed off while pointing at the schedule at Bai Yi's hand.

Bai Yi frowned. "However, that performance doesn't seem to need so many equipment? What is it all for?"

Yao Ling helplessly explained to Bai Yi, fortunately, they already prepared a few answers beforehand and everything seemed to be reasonable.

Bai Yi asked Yao Ling with a gentle smile, "Can I ask the guards to check on the equipment one by one? It's the protocol. We need to guard the Emperor's safety."

Yao Ling pretended to look uncomfortable. "This..." She glanced at Yao Ying and answered, "Can you ask him? He's our leader and I don't have the power to answer your question."

At first, Bai Yi thought that the woman looked guilty because she planned something bad but when she knew that it was because of that reason, she started to calm down. 'Maybe... I'm thinking too much,' Bai Yi thought to herself.

The other tropes also prepared a few types of equipment beforehand, even though not as many as this trope.

Yao Ling had to admit that Bai Yi's intuition was very sharp.

Yao Ling explained to Yao Ying about what Bai Yi wanted to do and Yao Ying quickly replied to Bai Yi,

"Bai Yi Gu Niang, you can check them, but can you please be careful? We only have one each and we can't afford to search for a new one if one of them is broken down. It will ruin our performance." He pretended to look worried.

Bai Yi sweated when she heard this because she knew that she couldn't afford to offend the Prime Minister's side.

Even though it was only a request, it was also a disguised warn.

Bai Yi almost forgot that this trope was representing an important figure in their kingdom.

Besides, she didn't think that the Prime Minister would plan something to harm the Emperor because the Prime Minister was known to be the most loyal dog of the Han Emperor.