Chapter 273: Felt Conflicted

The next day, Zhuo Li asked for a meeting early in the morning.

He had actually found out a few pieces of information the night before, however, everyone had fallen asleep by then.

Thus, he could only wait until morning to file a report.

He told Xiu to let him know once the masters had woken up, before resting.

When Zhuo Li came, Yao Ying told Xiu to call the others over before they listened to the reports together.

It didn't need to take long for the others to come because they knew the importance of the situation.

Rong Qiu quickly asked, "What did you find out? Do you know the man's identity?"

He anxiously wanted to know the truth because they only had one to two days left to finish their mission.

Zhuo Li explained that he made friends with several servants there and he was able to find out which maidservants served the esteemed guest's courtyard --- no matter what, he was a guest and he couldn't possibly bring his own maidservants as well.

One or two maidservants were possible, but they still needed maidservants and servants to take care of the whole courtyard.

No matter what, they must have seen a few hints here and there regardless of how secretive the esteemed guest was.

True enough, he was able to find a few things out.

Zhuo Li approached the maidservants one by one, what kind of methods that he used, no one bothered to ask.

As long as they got a good result, they didn't care about the process.

From each of their mouths, Zhuo Li got different hints.

If he only asked one of them, he would get nothing.

However, if their statements were combined, he got a few conclusions.

"What kind of conclusions that you got?" Yao Ying asked seriously.

Zhuo Li said, "First of all, this man wasn't a Shu or Han Kingdom's people.

A few of the maidservants sometimes saw people with weird clothing came to find the esteemed guest.

The maidservants merely thought that it was another tribe's clothing, so they didn't put too many thoughts on it."

Even though the Han Kingdom wasn't as big as the other two kingdoms, the population was made of several hundred tribes and their articles of clothing were different --- each tribe had its own distinct characteristics.

There were too many tribes to remember clearly, this was also the reason why the esteemed guest didn't really cover up the clothing of their women.

For the Shu people, it didn't need to be mentioned because their articles of clothing were basically the same all over the kingdom.

They always cared about modesty, thus, this possibility could be ruled out.

"Then, how do you know it wasn't from the Han Kingdom?" Xiao Fang asked curiously.

"Their clothing is a mixture of modesty and freedom --- thus, can be said as the characteristics of the Qin Kingdom," Zhuo Li explained and the others murmured their agreement.

Zhuo Li asked in details about their clothes, thus, he was able to make an accurate judgment.

The Shu women usually wore loose clothes with long large sleeves.

Qin women's clothes had the trend to be more open.