Chapter 419 - 422

🔘Chapter 419:  Feng Lian's Sudden Change

Yao Ling's spy who had been placed at Feng Lian's side told her that Feng Lian went out sneakily at night, however, he was being distracted and couldn't follow her.

Yao Ling furrowed her eyebrows when she heard this — it meant that someone helped her and it must not be an ordinary person because he could make her people lose track of Feng Lian.

She believed in her people's skills — the man was personally selected by Xiu so she didn't think that there was a problem with her own people's skill.

But who? Who dared to make a move at this time and help Feng Lian? She didn't think it was Wang Fu's people...

No concubine had enough power to hire such a high-skilled person.

"Can you find out more about this matter?"

Yao Ling asked Xiu who was standing beside Yao Ying in a serious tone.

Xiu shook his head. "No... We can't find any trace of where she was going... This servant is ashamed."

He rarely failed and everyone knew what it meant — the enemy was quite powerful.

But still, Xiu felt embarrassed.

"Don't go out around this time!" Yao Ying quickly gave Yao Ling a stern order.

He was worried about the safety of Yao Ling and their child.

"I know!" Yao Ling quickly agreed.

She rarely went out anyway because she needed to cover up her pregnancy — it was only three to four months left and she could only bear with the boredom ah~!

Because of Feng Lian, they could only stay vigilant — well, even Yao Ying could feel that something was fishy so it was proof that there was indeed something wrong with her demeanor.

-------

The next few days after the secret meeting, Feng Lian was behaving a bit unusual.

She didn't try to get close to Yao Ying and it seemed like she wanted people to see that she had already given up.

Li Guang was happy, thinking that his daughter must have been woken up from the dream.

He wanted her to be with Yao Ying too, but at least, he had to solidify his position first.

He didn't know that his daughter had been doing something that he wouldn't approve of... if he knew, of course.

The odd thing was — it seemed like she changed her target this time.

However, the target was quite weird as well.

It wasn't that Yao Ling didn't think that the man had no charm... but... she felt that something was wrong with her choice.

Yao Ling heard Xiao Yu's report and didn't know whether she should laugh or cry.

The woman kept following Feng around at this moment — at first, she followed Xiu around but the latter said that he already someone that he liked which embarrassed Feng Lian even more.

However, the woman shamelessly changed her target without batting eyelashes.

Feng and Xiu were look-alikes and well...

Feng Lian shamelessly said that she meant to chase Feng in the first place, but she made a mistake and thought that Xiu was him.

She said that she had made a mistake.