Chapter 298: Yao Ling's Plan, Part 1&2

PART 1

Feng Yong Rui answered, "I have a plan but it's too dangerous. The risk is quite high..." This matter couldn't be handled by them directly, but someone else could.

He took a peek at Xiao Fang's friends.

However, he was also feeling uncomfortable to ask for their help.

After all, they just met each other this morning.

How could the trio not feel his eyes on them? They had already gone this far to the Han Kingdom and of course, they would lend a helping hand because they had promised Xiao Fang before.

Not only that, but also because this matter concerned Yao Ling's father.

No matter what, they also needed to save the man.

Xiao Fang asked in a low voice in curiosity, "What kind of plan, Father?"

Feng Yong Rui didn't answer Xiao Fang right away and gave a gesture that meant 'hold of for a moment', after that, he asked Ah Man, "Ah Man, have you made sure that the banquet in the palace will definitely happen in the near future?"

Ah Man nodded his head. "Yes, Master. This servant has received the news and the preparation is still continued happening, even though our spies can't be reached. This servant got this news from the palace's eunuch that came to our store to purchase a few things for the preparation."

After pondering for a little while, Ah Man looked up and asked in surprise, "Master... do you mean to...?"

Feng Yong Rui nodded his head without any hesitation.

Ah Man was one of his smartest subordinates and he was clever at perceiving people's mind, so he must have known what Feng Yong Rui was thinking about.

Yao Ying furrowed his eyebrows and asked after seeing their interactions, "Uncle, do you want us to infiltrate the palace?" He more or less had guessed what his thoughts were.

Feng Yong Rui nodded his head and answered, "I can find a way for you to go inside the palace. At the very least, we can find out about what happened to your father that way. If no one can go outside, we should be the ones who try to get inside the palace. We have no other choice."

The others knew that this was true.

Yao Ying glanced at Yao Ling and knew that the latter wouldn't be able to sleep if she didn't know what happened to Rong Qiu.

Feng Yong Rui asked, "What kind of talents that all of you have?" He planned to let them join as street performers that he presented for the Han Emperor.

This was a quite big banquet because it was held to celebrate the Empress Dowager's birthday and the officials needed to prepare something for the Empress Dowager --- either a performance, a gift, or both.

This was a mandatory thing in the banquet, thus, Feng Yong Rui had prepared for it beforehand.

At first, Feng Yong Rui had planned to give only a gift for the Empress Dowager, but he changed his mind this time because this was a good chance for Xiao Fang's friends to get into the palace.

Usually, men were banned from coming into the palace but they made an exception this time for the sake of entertaining the Empress Dowager.

If the banquet was planned after the blood letter thing happened, the Han Emperor certainly wouldn't make this arrangement.

However, the words had gotten out from his own mouth and the Han Emperor couldn't take it back.