Chapter 268: The Sooner They Leave, The Better

After both father-daughter woke up, Yao Ying called Lin Jian and Xiao Fang over to discuss things over.

They needed to talk about in details how to cover up Aunt Yue's trails --- they didn't want others to find out that she was dead.

After all, the one who was in charge temporarily was Rong Qiu and the new representative from the Han Emperor hadn't come yet, so they were afraid that the Han Emperor would blame Rong Qiu.

Not only that, Yao Ling would be the one who was being hunted when they knew that her grandmother was dead --- it was too dangerous!

At first, Xiao Fang was a bit hesitant because she didn't know how to face her godfather.

Fortunately, her godfather still treated her the same as before and she sighed in relief.

He welcomed her with a comforting smile and she smiled back widely.

"Godfather," Xiao Fang greeted him warmly.

Rong Qiu patted her head lovingly just like usual.

He remembered how he doted upon this little girl and didn't plan to change. "Xiao Fang, from now on... you and Yao Ling are sisters."

This sentence had been enough proof that he still took her as his goddaughter and Xiao Fang was grateful for that.

Xiao Fang looked at Yao Ling and smiled. "Fortunately, I always thought of her as my sister... who knows we can actually become real sisters."

"True ah~!" Yao Ling was happy as well and gave Xiao Fang with a wide grin.

Their relationship became stronger than before --- from best friends to sisters.

Lin Jian asked Yao Ying, "You call us here... there must be something important that you want to tell us, right?"

Yao Ying nodded and his serious face made the atmosphere became tense.

He explained everything that had just happened in the garden and finally said, "It's no longer safe for us to stay here any longer..."

Crescent Lake had become a dangerous place for them to stay!

They understood this point, however, Rong Qiu still had to maintain his pretense.

He needed to take care of Bao Bei and wait until the new representative arrived...

Yao Ling certainly didn't want to leave her father behind.

Thus, they made a plan to bring Rong Qiu along with them.

Rong Qiu adamantly wanted to bring Bao Bei along with him and they could only helplessly agree.

Yao Ling knew because Bao Bei was actually her mother's beloved pet, that was why her father didn't want to leave Bao Bei behind.

There were so many things that they needed to do, thus, they needed to divide the tasks carefully. The sooner they left Crescent Lake, the better.

Yao Ling was the only one who wasn't allowed to do anything because even after a nap, her face was still pale.

Rong Qiu explained that it was the effect of using the power blindly and she needed a few days to recuperate.

He knew a little bit of the power and he would guide her bit by bit after the matter in Crescent Lake had been dealt with.

Fortunately, all of them had said that she was sick a few days ago after she went into a coma.

Thus, she already had the best cover from the outside world.