Chapter 289: To The Capital, Part 1&2

PART 1

Yao Ling shook her head and answered, "I don't think so..."

Yao Ying, "..." He was speechless.

Yao Ying thought to himself, 'If she is not pregnant... then what's the big deal whether she drank the medicine or not?' He really didn't know what to say ah~!

"It's not one month yet ah~! I have to see whether my monthly friend will come in a timely manner or not... and also, whether my pulse changes or not," Yao Ling explained.

"Oh..." Yao Ying said.

He didn't know about this thing, so he could only that simple word.

He believed that in this matter Yao Ling was the expert, thus, he believed in her.

"Now... what should we do?" Yao Ying asked.

Yao Ling sighed. "What else? We should just tell them that I'm not pregnant... Truth to be told, we don't break any promise, right?" Yao Ling asked softly, trying to justify themselves.

After all, General Lin didn't say that they weren't allowed to make love --- only shouldn't get pregnant.

Yao Ying nodded his head, but then asked, "What if you are pregnant?"

"When we come back, just hope that they will forget about it..." Yao Ling could only think of that while laughing.

Let the old men really guess at that time! She would just pretend that they didn't know when the exact time the baby was conceived.

Yao Ying shrugged it off while laughing.

"True ah~! We can think about this later... This time, we indeed don't know whether you are pregnant or not. However, I'm certain that Father will be frustrated."

Yao Ling laughed once again. "Of course! He will be the one who lost the bet."

Thus, Yao Ying wrote two letters with the same content and sent them back to both old men.

He only wrote two words, 'Mei You' [= means do not have].

They didn't have any good news to share.

After that, the letters were marked as urgent and received by the old men in less than two weeks.

When General Lin read the letter, he laughed out loud and felt smug, because he had won the bet!

He nodded in satisfaction because Yao Ying didn't break his promise.

What a good boy! He really wanted to see what kind of face that Wang Luo Hai would make when they met.

On the other hand, Wang Luo Hai almost vomited blood when he read the letter!

He was feeling a hundred percent sure that Yao Ling would get pregnant on the way to Lin Zhou because he had asked his mother to give them the 'secret tonic' before their departure ah~!

It was a secret recipe that he had gotten with so many efforts just to win the bet!

But... he sighed sadly.

It didn't go as he planned!

He crushed the letter in frustration. 'Argh!' He yelled inwardly.

Wang Luo Hai already thought such a good plan and yet, he failed in the end. He really wanted to pull his hair ah~!

Wang Luo Hai knew that he would have to see Lin Zheng's annoying smug face the next day!

Whenever he thought about that, he really wanted to punch something!