Chapter 301 - 303

🔘Chapter 301: The Han Kingdom's Palace

When they arrived at the palace's gate, Xiao Fang didn't have any reactions because she used to go there to visit Han Xiang from time to time, although she didn't get in through the side door back then.

She only sighed because of the different feelings that she had when entering the palace --- she wasn't in a cheerful mood like how she used to be.

On the other hand, Yao Ling was amazed by what she saw at a first glance.

She had heard that the Han Kingdom wasn't as rich as the Shu Kingdom and she expected a small and neat palace which looked a bit simple and elegant.

However, what she had seen was contrary to her expectation!

The palace was quite glamorous.

However, she couldn't compare it to the Shu Kingdom's palace because she had never gone to the capital and taken a look at it.

If the Han Kingdom's place was as beautiful as this, she wondered what the Shu Kingdom's palace looked like ah~!

The palace stood up beautifully in the middle of the desert and in one glance, they would be able to see how precious the materials that were used to build it.

Some of the coatings were even made of gold.

The wall and gate color was a combination of white, off-white, and gold.

It would be hard for people to barge in because it was built quite tall and seemed so sturdy.

Even though the decoration was plain because they were located in the middle of the desert, it still exuded a certain elegant charm.

It seemed like the Han Emperor wanted to show his wealth through the material only.

They had to wait patiently for their turn because the queue was long.

There were a lot of people who were brought by various officials which made the palace guards become more vigilance.

If there were assassins mixed up in them, they would be the first one to be blamed for not checking the people thoroughly.

The consequences would be death ah~! Thus, they took their jobs seriously.

Since morning, they had found a few suspicious people that had been taken away to the prison and it made them turn vigilance even more.

Xiao Fang sighed when she knew that they had to stand up for quite some times before it was their turn to be checked.

She decided to chat randomly with Yao Ling while paying attention to the people in front of her.

Suddenly, she saw that someone was passing something to another person.

However, she couldn't see clearly what it was.

She could only see that something was shining --- like a weapon?

Xiao Fang nudged Yao Ling and pointed at those two people while giving Yao Ling a questioning look, asking the latter what those two people brought secretly.

Yao Ling was in a better position and she could see that it was indeed a sharp weapon.

However, the weapon was a bit weird and she didn't understand what it was.

She nodded her head at Xiao Fang, telling her that she had seen it.

They didn't talk more about it because it would attract other people's attention.