Chapter 247 - 250

🔘Chapter 247: A Letter From Her Mother

Aunt Yue cleared her throat before she started to read the letter in a soft and melodious voice...

------------------------

Dear daughter,

When I write this letter, I suppose that I'm not by your side anymore. I send you away... not because I want to abandon you --- but because I want to protect you.

Our Bei Yue's blood is quite strong and we have become the target of bad people.

They took me as a prisoner because they want you... Someone whose veins are flowing with the pure blood of the Bei Yue royal family, just like your grandmother and father.

I ran away when it was time for me to give birth to you, so I can set you free once you are born... Don't worry about me! I'm alive somewhere...

Don't search for me because they are lurking around me! I know they will use me as a bait to capture you and with that, they won't let me die.

Live for yourself and find your own happiness!

I love you.

Remember your father and I --- we both love you. Don't ever think that we didn't want you!

Your mother,

Su Wan.

------------------------

'Su Wan... her mother's name is Su Wan. Such a beautiful name...' Yao Ling thought to herself.

She felt elated when she heard that she was still alive.

It was written a long time ago, but if she was used as a bait, then there was a possibility that she was indeed still alive.

When Aunt Yue finished reading the letter, both women started to cry once more.

They could imagine what happened back then --- how Yao Ling's mother tried so hard to give birth to her all alone while being chased by the enemies.

Yao Ling remembered that Jiu Lan had once said that she was sent away right after birth because she could see a hint of dry blood here and there.

It seemed like the one who cleaned her up was in a hurry, but she was trying so hard to make her as clean as possible in a short time...

There was no hint of abuse, so the perpetrator should have done it tenderly.

She made sure that the baby Yao Ling was bundled in a warm cloth so she could survive as long as possible.

Jiu Lan had told her a few times that the perpetrator didn't really want to let her go, but Yao Ling was feeling doubtful about it.

She only thought that Jiu Lan said that because she pitied her, but it didn't seem so now.

Now... Yao Ling understood the reason.

Her birth mother loved her and didn't want to be separated from her, but she had to let her go because she wanted her to live a happy life.

If Yao Ling followed her mother, she would be imprisoned along with her mother and from the look of it, she would be used just like her grandmother.

Yao Ling really wanted to cry when she understood her mother's predicament.

It must have been the hardest choice that she had ever made in her life.

Yao Ling could feel the warmth of her mother's love --- even before meeting her in person.