Chapter 311: The Performance, Part 4-5&6

PART 4

After this segment, the lanterns that were surrounding the banquet place suddenly started to diminish one by one which made an eerie atmosphere at the banquet location all of a sudden.

There was no light left --- not only that, but there was also no moonlight that night.

Thus, the banquet place was totally engulfed with the darkness.

This was the first time that something like this had ever happened in the palace especially at such a big event.

With so many palace maidservants, palace guards, and hidden guards, who would dare to do this?

However, this thing indeed happened and it made people become restless.

It seemed like luck was on Yao Ling and friends' side because there was no moonlight as well and this would make their next performance become even better and easier to do.

The people started to get panicked because they were feeling afraid of the unknown.

Many things could happen in the darkness ah~! Some things could also appear out of nowhere... for example, ghosts!

Assassins! There were a lot of women who made the situation become out of control as well by creating a ruckus and talking loudly to each other.

The situation became quite out of hands because of their behaviors!

The military officials were better when dealing with this kind of weird situation because it was no different when they went to war.

However, for the scholar officials who generally stayed behind, they felt really afraid.

Only a few of them would be able to calm their minds because of the experience that they had.

The beautiful atmosphere that was created because of the performance from Yao Ling's group just now was gone in a heartbeat...

No one would think that Yao Ling's trope's performance would continue on.

After all, who could see their performance in the darkness ah~?!

Yao Ling had stopped playing the qujin because of the darkness and it turned the atmosphere quieter... eerier...

However, she continued sitting calmly at the stage --- even calmer than those noble ladies.

After all, she knew that this would happen.

While she was sitting leisurely, the others were preparing themselves for the next segment.

Her job for today was just to play the qujin and did another performance with it later.

The Empress Dowager didn't feel afraid, but she was just feeling disappointed with the sudden turn of the event...

She didn't want the performance to stop in the middle like this before she could watch the ending.

In her heart, she hoped that it would be a happy ending.

It would serve as an alternative ending of her own story.

Stupid? She knew! However, she just couldn't help it.

'Ah San... Her Ah San...'

The Empress Dowager closed her eyes, trying to maintain her feelings.

Well... if it was being stopped here, it was also alright.

She would call this trope and let them perform privately for her next time.

Thus, she didn't have to hold back her feelings anymore.