Chapter 264: What Would His Answer Be?

Yao Ying nodded while gulping.

He was surprised that the conversation suddenly shifted to him out of nowhere...

He still jumped up in surprise, despite trying to maintain his composure.

He could see from the look in Rong Qiu's eyes that he meant business, so he started to get serious as well.

He would never guess before that there would be a day he would be meeting his father-in-law in this situation ah~!

He suddenly became nervous, especially with the way his father-in-law was looking at him --- piercing and stern.

His expression was exactly like a lion who was trying to protect its cub.

Who could blame him though? After all, he was indeed Yao Ling's real father and it meant that he had to respect him as well.

"Yes, Father," he answered softly.

"Do you really love my daughter?" Rong Qiu asked.

Yao Ying nodded. "Yes, I love Yao Ling!" He answered confidently, after all, it was indeed his real feeling ah~!

"What will you do if you remember your past and you find that there is another woman waiting for you, huh? Whether she is your fiance or the woman that you love?"

Rong Qiu asked without beating around the bush. For now, Yao Ling's happiness meant the world to him.

He might have missed seeing her grow up and he wasn't able to protect her back then.

However, everything was different now... because he would protect her --- even from her husband!

They already got married and he knew that he had no say in this matter, but it didn't mean that he would just let his daughter suffer a grievance because of Yao Ying.

Rong Qiu wouldn't let a shitty guy ruin his daughter's life and happiness.

He needed to make sure that this man would really appreciate her, love her, and make her happy forever!

Honestly, he didn't know Yao Ying's personalities, so he really couldn't judge him.

But still... a father was always feeling biased towards his own daughter!

From his previous interaction with Yao Ling, he had known that she was a good girl and he felt satisfied with his lovely daughter.

If Yao Ying really hurt her, he wouldn't hesitate to take Yao Ling back and make them divorce!

Rong Qiu might look soft, but once he determined to do something... he was as stubborn as a mule!

Yao Ying couldn't imagine the scenario that Rong Qiu asked him about --- he had never thought about this scenario at all.

A woman? A fiance? He really didn't remember about this part, but he also wasn't a hundred percent sure that he didn't have one.

A thought was fleeting inside his mind --- he was once dreaming about a woman who was calling him 'Da Ge' [=means Big Brother]...

Was there a connection between him and that woman? Or was that really his imagination?

His mind made a few scenarios about it and he shuddered in fear!

To the current him, Yao Ling was the love of his life!

How could he have the heart to think of another woman? However, he also understood their worry.

If he didn't clear this matter up and give Yao Ling and Rong Qiu an explanation, he knew that this matter would always be a knot in their hearts.