Trouble In Paradise.

"I just love your hair." You murmur as slowly and sensually as possible, your voice almost resembling a whisper as you gently run your fingers through the raven locks, your eyes locked with Ace's onyx ones.

You had spotted a beautiful burgundy scarf on the male's store during your morning stroll and you must have it, however since you've joined Kid's gang, it has started to feel...wrong to buy things when you can simply just take them.

So you've made a start by flirting with the young seller to distract him while you slip the scarf into your handbag, your free hand is only inches away from the material as you keep Ace's gaze focused on your own, your other fingers still tangling themselves in his silky dark hair, the affectionate gesture managing to bring a vague blush to his cheeks as he leans into your touch subtly. 

"I don't know why, I haven't really done anything to it..." The boy murmurs under his breath, his orbs shifting off slightly to the side as an embarrassed smile etches itself into his lips. "But thanks."

Aw, he's actually quite adorable...It's a shame I'm about to steal from him.

You've finally got a grip on the scarf's material while Ace is distracted, slowly etching it closer to your bag, it's already open and ready to be filled but your actions come to a screeching halt when a certain voice booms from behind you, causing you to jolt.

"Oi! What the hell?!" 

Within that same second, you release the fabric and spin around, only to come face-to-chest with Kid. The redhead sporting a deep frown as he glares down at you, his jaw pulled taut as he takes a rough grasp on your bicep and tugs you away from the freckled store vendor. 

"K-Kid!" You're so surprised and so breathless that your voice is merely a whimper as you stagger behind the tough thief, his focus shifting toward Ace instead and his body instantly tensing.

"What the fuck are you doing, Portgas?!" 

Of course, the raven looks somewhat bewildered as he hums to himself curiously before a somewhat cocky smile tugs on his lips. "What? Is she your girlfriend or something?"

No.

"She's mine, yeah! What of it?"

I am your thief, not your lover, you stubborn brute.

With a sigh, you shuffle yourself slightly further away from the bickering pair, leaning against a street sign and lazily watching the scene play out before you. 

Sadly, you can't steal the piece of clothing that you wanted so badly since it's still sat within Ace's line of sight so waiting for them to finish arguing sounds like the best option for now. 

Great, how fun...

"She didn't seem to mind my attention, Eustass." 

"What is that supposed to mean? You callin' her a slut or something, Portgas?!"

"I'm just letting you know that when a woman starts looking for attention from elsewhere, then you're probably not satisfying her enough."

"And what would you know about satisfying women? When was the last time you even had a girlfriend?!" 

"I would've had a date with yours if you hadn't come along and thrown a tantrum!"

Excuse me?

"Like hell! You're not her type!"

"Are you sure about that?"

Ace's rhetorical question shockingly manages to silence Kid for a moment, the redhead's body still tensed and his stare still burning a hole through the vendor's face, a minute passes before he finally huffs to himself.