A Thief's Heaven. {Extended Ending}

Two years.

That's how long it took.

For Marco's surgery to be complete and for Killer to create the best prosthetic arm he could.

Baring in mind that the blonde had to steal most of the tools and materials, whilst also waiting for Kid's pain to finally die down enough to attach the fake limb, it's quite understandable.

As luck would have it, you fell pregnant very soon after the first surgery, something that should have been good news - to an extend, it was.

However, Kid couldn't hold you the same way, he couldn't lift you or touch your face as he once did so his emotions were shrouded in anguish and irritation for the first few months of your pregnancy. It certainly didn't help that the pain made it hard for him to sleep either, Kid has a short temper at the best of times but when he's sleep-deprived, it's at it's worst.

 The amputation to his arm was brutal but considering your lover refused to have plastic surgery to make himself look like somebody else, making him appear so beaten up that nobody wants to look him in the eye was the best option and so far, it has worked. 

Nobody wants to make eye contact with the Thieves Guild leader, not even people within his own outfit. Heat and Wire especially had a hard time with it; they respected their boss too much to voice it and they did their best to hide their feelings but anyone could see that they hated the sight, they didn't want to see the man they admire so much in such a pained and weakened state.

There was a few surgeries after the amputation, though they thankfully weren't as extreme but it was still difficult for everybody, after every surgery came more scars and more moodswings.

The redhead had lashed out at you a few times, something that greatly hurt since you were hormonal as it was due to the pregnancy, he'd always isolate himself afterwards and come back later - offering some small token, that was his way of apologising. No words, just little gifts.

You still remember suggesting an abortion to him one night, you thought you saw flames in those eyes of his as he shouted all kinds of obscurities at you, accusing you of falling out of love with him just because he's handicapped and calling you many horrible names until Killer stepped in and managed to calm the situation down before you both did something you might regret.

You never really wanted an abortion but you also wasn't blind to the fact that bringing a baby into the mix, especially with the loss of limb and constant on-and-off temper tantrums Kid was going through, was a bad idea. 

You felt stuck for many months, Kid felt awful in every way possible.

But once you had the baby, something changed.

Kid would hold you with his one arm, smile a lot more and would often cuddle his son, something Kid isn't overly fond of: cuddling, especially in front of others. But for you and his baby boy, he makes an exception. 

He even picked the name; Shadow. 

Sure, it wasn't his first choice, he wanted to name the boy 'Bandit' but you made it very clear that it wasn't going to happen. 

When Kid suggested Shadow instead...well, the name holds a very special place within your heart, you couldn't say no. 

So then, Shadow it was.

Of course, there were still consequences to having a child after losing a limb, such as the boy grabbing the nub (which was still very sore at this point) and squeezing it. 

You had witnessed Kid's grin fall and his face redden with both pain and rage but remarkably, he didn't snap, not on his baby - or anybody else for that matter. He merely bit into his painted lip, swiftly passed Shadow to Killer and rushed into the bathroom. Though, even the stone walls couldn't fully muffle the "FUCK!" that erupted from his lips, but considering it's Eustass Kid, you'd argue that he handled the situation like a champ.

Since then though...

You watch with a small smirk as the redhead bounces the small boy in his arms, a deep laughter echoing throughout the room as the baby boy giggles and innocently reaches for his father's hair. 

The two share their haircolour that's for sure, but he has your eyes. He has pale skin but it isn't quite as pale as his father's....and he definitely has Kid's frown, if you scold the boy, you see more Kid in his expressions than ever.

The smaller redhead is currently wearing a black t-shirt and green camo pants, all what his "Uncle Killer" had stolen for him from the markets.

Your smirk soon morphing into more of a genuine smile when Kid's gaze locks with yours, your heart uncontrollably fluttering inside your chest, just the sight of this brutal and fearless man being such a good father to your son...the son you made together, it warms you to your very core.

He still has his brutal moments; if there's a betrayal or if someone acts...unneighbourly, Kid will give Shadow to Killer and tell him to play with the boy in another room to keep him busy, then he'll coldly handle the situation at hand. 

Not that you mind, you're not so innocent in that aspect yourself.

"What are you staring at?" Your lover questions over the giggling of his baby boy, making his way over to you with the child still in his arms and his stare not once leaving yours. "Killer's not gonna kill our boy for laughing, if that's what you're shitting yourself about."

Funny. 

"Try not swearing in front of the boy, will ya?" Killer chimes in the background, taking the words right out of your mouth. 

"I'm just glad to see that your arm is finally healing." You simply state as your orbs travel down to the metallic limb, it looks extremely heavy but it'll do well to keep people fearful, nobody will want to mess with him with that appearance. It also keeps eyes off his face so the likelihood of him being recognised by guards is lesser now. 

Not that they'd attempt anything anyway, in these past two years, Kid has managed to...convince them to turn a blind eye to the thieves guild's antics, in return they get a small cut of the profits but for the guards who are too moral to negotiate, they'd likely be too awed or scared of Kid's appearance to do anything that might jeopardise their lives.

Honestly, who can blame them?

"Heh, it's just a dull ache now." Kid murmurs with a satisfied glimmer in his eyes, his attention trailing down to the metal as he carries his son in his flesh arm, the boy tugging at Kid's goggles as the man speaks. "There's still some things I wanna change about it but I can at least make the modifications myself now."

"Oh, good. Now we'll never get you out of that workshop of yours." You hiss with a playful tone, your eyes shooting the handsome beast a semi-serious glare and earning yourself a coarse laughter in return as he lowers his son down to the ground, allowing him to struggle his way over to Killer. 

Your baby can kinda walk...for a couple of steps before toppling over but he's always quick to pick himself up and try again, just like his daddy. 

Kid confidently leaning over and closer to your face as his metallic fingers run along your jawline, the cold material sending a slight shiver down your spine as your redhead lets out an airy chuckle.

"C'mon. I'll show you what else this arm can do, little Birdie."

"Mmh, because I want to get pregnant again." You sarcastically rasp, making sure not to gross Killer out in the process, though he's far too busy speaking to your son to hear a word of what you and Kid are saying regardless. 

"That wasn't a no." Kid smirks and with a rough tug, you're up on your feet and being pulled along to the bedroom, drawing Killer's observant gaze from beyond his mask. "Take care of Shadow for us, will ya?"

"Mhm."

Honestly, Killer is a lifesaver within this little family of yours, he's always willing to spend time with the little one which leaves room for you and Kid to go out and steal things and most importantly, to make love.

You're such a brat, Eustass Kid...

My brat.

-----end-----