A Close Call.

You can't help but frown as you pick the lock for Mihawk's house; it's apparently where Perona resides these days so sadly, if you get caught here, you may face certain death.

Although according to Killer, Mihawk should be away travelling so you shouldn't have to run into him at all.

So, the reason you're frowning? Because your mind keeps wandering back to Kid, how he rejected your kiss last night but then has the nerve to lick your...substances from your fingers the very next day? It just makes no sense.

What is wrong with him? Is he making fun of me?

Of course, your distraction only leads to the lockpick breaking, a disgruntled grumble of the word; 'Shit!' escaping your throat as you pick the bobby pin out of the lock before trying this task again, with a new pin.

Stupid Eustass! Messing with my damn head like this!

A long-awaited click finally sounds as you get the door open, a relieved sigh drifting from your lips before you sneak inside and beeline straight toward the staircase, already on your way to the master bedroom. 

Killer had been mapping out the house for you last night, which is why he wasn't present nor able to complain about your overly loud singing whilst you were drunk in the dead of night.

Kid said it's important to pull off the job this week since Mihawk is absent until Saturday evening and his daughter often stays with her lover, then there's Perona herself who works on the market during the daytime so this is the best time to strike.

2:00pm.

Plucking a folded piece of paper from your pocket, you unfold it to reveal the map that Killer had drawn out for you, silently creeping your way along the corridor at the top of the stairs and toward the very last room, the bedroom fit for a king...and his queen, apparently.

Taking a firm grasp on the door handle, you attempt to open it - only to find that it's locked, drawing a fed up (yet still quiet) groan from your very core.

Of course, rich people feel the need to lock their bedroom doors too! Great!

Though you partly feel a twinge of envy toward them as you kneel down in front of the door, beginning to work your magic on this lock also; when you think about it, if you had a lock like this on your bedroom door, then Bonney wouldn't have been able to interrupt your dirty dream and Kid wouldn't have been able to disturb you whilst you were...relieving your frustrations.

"Dracule Mihawk, you lucky bastard..." You essentially sigh under your breath, a click sounding as you successfully trick the lock, opening the grand double doors and finding yourself inside a huge bedroom.

The bed itself must take up a least half of the space; it's massive and looks super comfortable. Then there's a couple of wardrobes side-by-side and many bookshelves across the other side of the room stood proudly beside a large desk that's filled with books and seemingly important documents. 

If you didn't think the owner of this room was lucky enough, you find that off to your left is a marble fireplace...in the bedroom. It also has a small couch sat just beside it so on particularly cold days and nights, Mihawk (and Perona) can sit by the relaxing fire.

Must be so fucking nice for some people!

Slowly making your way around the room, your eyes scan your surroundings, quickly trying to work out where one might keep the jewellery.

Of course, it only takes mere seconds for you to spot the necklace in question; it's proudly decorating a black neck bust sat on top of the marble fireplace, making the beautifully old-fashioned trinket stand out a mile.