Prologue

Hey everyone! This is a story I thought of a few days ago from another tv show I was watching where this kind of thing happens but it focused on two sisters. So, it is Supercorp obviously but I didnt want to make it as Kara and Lena because I wanted them differently then what their names represents on the show. I don't know, I just wanted it to be a normal world, not with billionaire and superhero stuff. So yeah, this prologue is kinda long but I wanted to pitch all of my initial ideas to see if you guys like it so I can continue to build this story up.

23 Dec 2015

I slipped out of bed trying not to make any harsh movements or noise, it's better for Mel not to see me leave because I know she'd cry and beg me to stay for the holiday. I know I promised her I would be back for Christmas Day but we both know that wouldn't be possible. We had a fight yesterday about how I keep breaking my promises. I have an important career as a realtor, it's not that simple to bail on my clients because Mel's hormones are making her squimish, she needs to understand that I work to sustain our family, including now with a baby on the way, we need to have an alternative in case we need money.

On the way to the door, I grab a pencil from the first drawer of her nightstand and rip a peace of paper from the back of her journal to write her a little note.

"Good morning sunshine, 

I am so sorry to leave like this, you know the only thing I'd like is to spend christmas together. If you can, go to my mom's apartment tomorrow for dinner, i would hate to have you spending the holiday alone. I'll call you.

I love you two more than I can say. tc pls

Yours, Katie."

I fold it in half and left it there, where she would see as soon as she woke up. I made my way to the door grabbing my suitcase on the way. As I was rolling out of the room to the living room I heard my name.

"Katherine!" Oh no! She called me Katherine, she's mad.

"Oh, you're up." I turned around and she was holding my note on her hands while still sitting on the bed with her beautiful blonde hair all over her face. She looked like she was about to kill someone, maybe me.

"You were gonna leave without saying goodbye? It is already too bad that you're not gonna be here for Christmas and now you're running away." I saw a tear floating in her eyes. Man, those pregnancies hormones! If i knew how bad it would be, I would've offered to be the one pregnant.

"No, babe! I left you a note." I left my suitcase and walked back to the bed sitting in front of her. 

"Since when we communicate through notes?!" She talked in a louder tone. Ok, maybe it wasn't the hormones. "Why are you being so inconsiderate those days? I didn't remember you being this cold even after everything that's happened."

"Hey, that's not fair! I thought it would be too much to say goodbye before my trip, so I thought you'd appreciate a not-"

"It's already too much that you're leaving me on Christmas." she screamed this time, I lowered my head. She knows how to make me feel guilty. She massaged her temples and closed her eyes laying down again. "You know what, just go." she threw my note on the ground and covered her face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you." I said getting emotional myself. I tried to caress her hair but she turned to the other side.

"I'm not too sure of that, Katherine." she said as I got back up and picked the note from the floor and put it in my back pocket. 

"Stop calling me that, you know I hate it!" I said a little loud and annoyed.

"Well, it is your freaking name, isn't it?!" she screamed at me and I just sprinted out of the bedroom and closed the door before she could finish the line. "Ugh! Coward!" I heard her scream as I walked out of the house with the car keys in my hand and my suitcase rolling behind me.