chapter twenty one

...

"Where are you going?" Melissa screamed at me when she came in the room and saw me throwing my clothes into a suitcase.

"Anywhere! Do you think I'm going to stay here and live with a selfish person, who doesn't even think about her baby? Screw you, Melissa! I am done!" I spit the words out.

Melissa blocked the door so I could not leave.

"You're not leaving me! Let's talk!"

"You didn't think to talk when you-" something stopped me from saying it. "You know what, I'm not discussing this with you when we're both angry and hurt, I'll come by tomorrow to get the rest of my things and we can talk."

I pushed her and got out of our room, the sound of the door being shoved closed scared me and I suddenly woke up.

Katie opened her eyes and sat on the bed, scaring Mel on the process. She was out of breath and sweaty, her throat felt dry and her muscles hurt like she just ran a marathon. She tried to talk but she felt the taste of blood so she got off the bed onto the bathroom and spat blood on the sink.

"What happened?" Mel asked trying to turn the light on.

"I think I had a seizure." Katie answered as she heard the blonde making her way to her; she finally saw her in the reflex of the mirror.

"What! No, I would've seen it!" Melissa said putting her hair in a bun to help her wife.

"I definitely did! I bit my tongue and everything feels sore." Katie said looking at her bloody tongue in the mirror.

"I didn't even realized it, I'm sorry." Melissa hugged her and Katie looked her in the eyes.

"You were sleeping; it's not your fault." Katie pushed her wife's shoulder away so she could look at her better.

"How is your head, does it hurt?" she massaged her head lightly.

"No, I'm fine. I just had a weird flashback once I was out or when I was sleeping. It felt so real!"

"What it was about?"

"It was like that fight we had over the Hawaii trip but this time it was ugly, and I actually left you. Did something like this happened?"

Melissa turned white for a moment; she didn't want to say anything until her brain could process the best answer. She remembered Gabriela's words to embrace the fact that Katie doesn't remember the bad stuff of their relationship, so she decided that her friend was right and that she didn't want to have to go through all of that again.

"No, we never had a fight like that." Mel put on her best 'confused' face. For a moment, she would have believed in herself.

"Then what is this flashback?" Katie massages her forehead still hurting from the experience.

"I don't know, maybe it was just a weird dream." Mel grabbed a scrunchie from her arm and put Katie's hair in a messy bun, kissing her cheek after. "Let's go back to bed." Mel pulled her by the hand.

They got comfortable on the bed again, staring into each other's eyes; Mel could see that Katie was not fully ready to sleep. The blonde caressed her wife's arm up and down to calm her down.

"What if my memories are getting all messed up in my head, and i can't remember things right?"

"Katie, it was just a dream, ok?" Mel was more firm this time, trying desperately to end this conversation. "Look, one time when you had a bad dream and you were bugging me, as always, I sang a lullaby and it worked. Do you want to try that?"