Chapter Twenty

Katie had felt those lips before and now she knows it. She saw herself in front of a baby blue house's porch, Melissa in front of her; she had brown hair and was skinnier and younger. She was talking about something that Katie could not really understand, when suddenly the space between them was none and their lips touched. As cheesy as it sounds, she felt butterflies all over her body, all concentrating on her cheeks that were hot red. After three seconds in heaven, her cheek had another reason to be red and hot, Melissa slapped the younger Katie across the face and then brought her hand to her mouth, shocked by her own actions.

In the real world, Mel put her hand on Katie's neck pulling her deeper in the kiss when Katie jumped away from her. She felt that slap as if it just happened; her hand caressed her own cheek trying to understand what she just felt.

"You slapped me!" Katie exclaimed and Melissa furrowed her eyebrows. "I felt it."

"What are you talking about, I didn't slap you."

"You did, when I kissed you in front of your house." Katie explained and Melissa's mouth opened in realization.

"You remembered our first kiss! You just remembered our first kiss!" Melissa hugged her wife tight while jumping up and down. She was so happy that her plan was working, that their time together was bringing memories back to Katie.

"I did!" Katie gave a peck on Mel's lips and she was surprised again. "But i like this one better." she smiled when her wife's cheeks got red.

"Let's get out; I can feel your body trembling from holding onto me so tightly." Melissa turned around so Katie was on her back and her hands across her neck.

She slowly walked back to the stairs, helped Katie get up, and then pulled herself up and out of the pool.

"Shit, we didn't bring towels." Mel said shaking from the cold.

"Let's run inside, we can mop the floor after." Katie offered her hand for Mel to grab and run with her.

And they did, they ended up falling on each other and laughing for half an hour on the floor before getting up and looking for towels. They took a shower separately and then met on the living room, they sat on the couch trying to decide what to do next when Katie's phone rang, she ran to the room to get it. It was her sister.

"Hey Nic."

"You jealous bitch, you told mom about me and Teddie?" she screamed on the other side of the line.

"Teddie, who's Teddie?" Katie asked scared.

"My friend, you saw me with her that day and you told mom to screw me up, didn't you?"

"Sorry, I didn't tell mom anything." Katie told the truth. She felt attacked by Nicole's accusations; she has never done anything to her sister for to treat her like that.

"Quit lying to me! Mom gave me a big talk and 'suggested' that I went back to college. All because you couldn't live in a world where I'm happy."

"Nicole, I am telling you, I didn't say anything."

"Then who was it? Was it me in my sleep?"

"Ok. She knows; so what? Isn't she coming home tomorrow?"

"Yeah, to tell Dad that I screwed up again and that you're still their perfect daughter." Before Katie could respond, her sister hung up.

She looked blankly at the phone, not understanding her sister's reaction and anger.

"Wow, I could hear the screams all the way over here." Katie noticed Mel was standing on the doorframe. "Is she mad at you?"