Chapter Six

Katie still felt some headache from the episode that happened ten minutes ago. Her family was arguing whether to take her to the hospital while she drank a cup of water and was hugged by Nicole. Katie didn't want to go to the hospital, she didn't need to, these things happen, she just needs to rest and the pain will go away. 

"Mom, she's okay, taking her to the hospital will just stress her out more." Nicole tried to reason with her mother.

"She just had a freaking seizure!" Mary pointed to Katie.

"It happens more often than you think, I just need to go to sleep and that's it!" Katie whispered, she was too exhausted to talk louder than that.

"Yeah, let her sleep and we'll talk tomorrow about what she saw." Nicole got up and grabbing her mom's arm to lead her out of the room.

"Sleep with her, then. So I can feel better." Mary asked. Katie was already getting herself comfortable under the covers. 

"Ok!" Nicole thought it was a good idea as well.

"Scooch over, kid." the younger said while laying by Katie's side, she was barely heard because Katie was so tired from the seizure she just fell asleep as soon as she layed down.

The next day

Katie was up first than everyone in the house, she thought it was weird because she would always wake up after David. She looked at the clock in the kitchen and it was 9AM already. Wow, they are good sleepers, she thought. She began to make herself breakfast, she found cereal in one of the cupboards so she just took that and dumped in a cup full of yogurt. It wasn't the breakfast she was used to eating at home but it was good enough. 

She directed herself to the living room close to the entrance door and sat on the sofa, crossing her legs under her. She ate while thinking about what happened last night, after she came around from her seizure she actually couldn't remember anything, she had no idea how she got into bed. But the dream/flashback she had kept her mind pretty busy, she could never forget the feeling she felt while she had the flashback, it was like watching someone get shot but you can actually feel the bullet going through you and how painful that would be. Katie watched the scene happen in her head but she felt her heart break when she was talking to Mel, she could feel how hurt she was and how much she wanted Mel to forgive her and how much love was involved in that relationship. 

Katie still didn't quite understand who the hell was Mel but she knew their relationship was strong enough to make her have a flashback like she never had before. Apart from the quick memory she had of Nicole, this is the first time Katie actually remembered something from her life before the accident. She got scared of what that could mean. This Melissa could be her glory but also her biggest sorrow. 

What if Katie can't love her again? What if it's too much painful to remember everything? What if Mel doesn't want Katie to remember? But what if Katie was deeply in love with Mel and she could help her remember her old life? Could Katie handle all of those things happening?

"Hey, you're up early." she heard a voice from behind her, she looked up to see Jonas coming down the stairs. 

"No, you all just sleep too much." Katie smiled and sat straight so her brother could sit beside her. 

"So, what happened last night was pretty intense, right?" He went straight to his curiosity, which once again, surprised Katie how straightfoward he was.

"Ahm, yeah, it happens because of my amnesia. When I have an episode where my brain kinda overlode with stress or information, it glitches and I have a seizure or forget where I am." she explained and he nodded like he was understanding. "Yesterday was something that never happened before. I actually had a flashback and that caused me to pass out."