Chapter Three

Katie woke up with the sunshine hitting her face, she smiled at the sun excited for the day. She jumped out of bed to her yoga mat on the floor, after the exercise she went to brush her teeths and prepare herself some breakfast, she knew David would have left by now. She had a plan to get him off the store and she would have to get to the store at 8:30am to accomplish it.

She sat on her bed after showering and opened the first draw of her drawer and grabbed the little and old piece on ripped paper that was inside her journal. She read it trying to imagine in her mind who she wrote it to.

So she jogged out of the house putting her headphones on and she began her fast pace through the same route she walked everyday. Getting to the store, she looked at her watch, 8:19am. 

"Good morning David." she said smiling politely.

"Hey, why are you here so early?"

"I came to replace you." she said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "I need you to go to the clinic for me, you're the one that needs to sign all the papers about me quitting ocupational therapy."

"Aren't you a woman that can make decision for yourself?" he giggled but she didn't like it.

"Apparently, I was too dumb to sign my own papers in the first place." she said in a sassy tone.

"Don't give me that attitude, I didn't mean to call you dumb." David answered in a calmer tone trying to control the situation.

"Can't you just go there, please?" she used her green eyes as her weapon to convince him.

He breathed heavily before nodding his head and getting his coat to go to the clinic. As soon as he left Katie began to clean everything around the store. She organized the two-chair table by the door so that she could sit there with Nicole. She put the 'closed' sign up so no one would disturb them and  sat down with her phone on her hand and just waited. 

About 20 minutes later her phone started buzzing, she saw the number she didn't recognize and thought it had to be her. She was right.

"Hello." Katie said in a high pitched tone. She was very excited. 

"Hi, I'm just at the store but it's closed, I'm sorry if I got here early."  Katie could hear her voice from outside. She jumped from the chair to open the door. "Oh, nevermind" she giggled hanging up the phone.

"Please, get in." Katie walked in so Nicole could follow her. She went straight to the chair she was sitted before.

"Wait, where's the dress?" 

"Uhm, actually, the dress is perfect, I called you for another reason. Can you please sit down?" Katie asked without looking at her. She heard the footsteps getting closer until the girl was sat in front of her.

"What is it?" Nicole asked getting nervous.

"I think..." she took a deep breath, shhe decided to go straight to the point. "Three years ago I was in an accident and I lost all my memories because of it. So, I don't know anything about my life before the accident, for me, I was born three years ago. The doctors said there is a small chance of my memory coming back but I'd have to live my old life so that it would come back to my head. But until yesterday I had never had a single memory." Katie looked up to see a very confused Nicole.

"I don't understand."

"W-when you said that I looked like your sister..." She heard Nicole gasp as she realized what Katie was trying to say.

"No, no, Katherine died in the fire." Nicole said with her eyes filled with tears. It was like her heart knew it was her sister in front of her but her head didn't want to believe it.