Chapter Fifteen

...

Katie woke up the next day feeling the happiest she's ever been in a while. She made breakfast for herself and her family, that meant that everyone was eating omelet today because she had just learned how to do it and it was one of the things she tried and liked it. Jonas asked all about the date, about the restaurant, if they held hands or kissed, what did they talk about, literally everything. Katie felt like he was a best friend she never had, Nicole had been more on her own these past few days, Jonas let it slip that she was jealous of all the attention Katie was getting and that they were never too close before the accident.

"I know Jesse! Ugh, you're such an idiot, leave me alone!" Katie was washing the breakfast dishes when Nicole came in the kitchen throwing her phone in the table and opening the fridge. She chose to ignore her older sister.

"I made omelet, yours is by the-" Katie said pointing to the food she had prepared.

"I don't like omelet." Nicole said harshly and grabbed a slice of left over pizza. She walked to the couch and started eating there.

Katie noticed her sister's phone began to ring, she saw her boyfriend's name on it and thought that Nicole would want to pick up. She took the phone to where her sister was seated.

"Your boyfriend." Nicole simply looked once and grabbed the phone from Katie's hand.

"I don't want to talk to him!" She hung up.

"I'm sorry, did you guys fight?" Katie came around and sat beside her ready to listen.

"It's none of your business, stop trying to play the good girl around me." Katie got scared by the way and the tone that her sister spoke to her.

"I -I was just trying to help, Nicole, why are you talking to me like that?" Katie said in a very low tone, Nicole looked at her.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to talk about it, ok?" She ler her guard down kinda.

Katie decided to leave her alone before she would kill her. She came back to the kitchen and took her phone out of her pocket to call Mel, she really liked spending time with her and she wants to do it more often. Now that she knows a little but more about the girl, she wants to ask some more serious questions.

"Hey, Melissa!" Katie said on a very excited tone.

"Oh hi, I didn't think you would call me back that fast." she joked, Katie noticed her sleepy voice.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up, I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out today..."

"Hang out?" Melissa asked confused by the meaning of that word to Katie.

"Uhm, yeah, just talk." She made it clear but slapped herself for saying it so directly, now Melissa will think that she doesn't want to kiss her, which she did, but not so soon.

"Okay, sure! I'll take a shower and come around in half an hour."

"That's great, thanks." she hung up and went back to washing the dishes and setting everything for when her mom decides to make lunch.

She knew she wasn't that much of a housekeeper before because her mom had told her that but she likes to help out, especially when she is in someone else's house. Well, technically it's hers but it doesn't feel like it yet.

Katie went up to her room and grabbed the box of Melissa's journals and sat on the ground. She began to shuffle through it, trying to find things that she was curious about or that she wanted to know more. She marked a few pages and read some new stuff too. She was interrupted when she heard a knock on the door, before she could get up to open it, she saw Mel coming in already.