Chapter Two

Katie sprinted out of the dressing room only to face Nicole and her friends looking at her like she was an alien. 

"Hey, it's everything okay? You're pale." David asks putting one hand on her back.

"Yeah...I-I just need t-to sit down." Katie said already excusing herself and entering the office where no one could see her.

She sat at David's big chair, where he would usually work on the dresses, and stayed there trying to focus on what just happened. What does this dream mean? Was it realy a dream? Was it something from my head or did it happen?

Questions invaded her mind as she closed her eyes trying to see again the vision she had a few minutes ago but it was unsuccessful. Who was Nicole? Katie wondered if it would be too much for her to ask the girl about the vision. She remembers Nicole talking about a sister. 

Nicole was nothing like Katie, physically, how could they be sisters?! She was overwhelmed with doubt and confusion, she had stopped thinking that her real family would come looking for her and tell her all about how she used to be before the accident. Katie likes who she is now, she doesn't want to change.

She didn't want to admit but she was scared of what that could mean. What if she doesn't like her real family? What if they are jerks, or worse, criminals? What about that note she wrote before the accident, what if she had a boyfriend before, how could she possibly love him?

"Hey, is everything okay?" David peaked his head on the door. Katie didn't want to worry him so she decided she would keep it a secret.

"Yeah, it was just a headache. Sorry if I scared you or the clients." she apologized getting up and ready to work.

"They already left, there's nothing to do." He sat her down again. 

"There's always something to do, David."

"Yes, there is. Dr. Kim rescheduled the therapy for today before lunch, so why don't you go now so you can come back early so we can have lunch together before your theater class?" David checked her temperature while giving her full schedule for the day.

"I'm not doing either of those things." she said and David looked at her surprised. "I think therapy is a pain in the ass, she treats me like a child and it is time that I begin doing things I want to. And I'm not going to theater anymore. But I'll have lunch with you."

Katie smiled after saying all those things, she felt confident for the first time being able to speak up for herself. She felt like it could've been done a while ago.

"You can't give up on therapy, you know that,  if you stop going they'll take you from me. And theater is good for you."

"I think is bull that I'm a twenty-two year old woman and I can't take decisions for myself." She said in a louder tone, she felt her blood boiling and started fidgeting with her hair to calm herself down. "I will not...go to therapy anymore and you can't force me." she said stuttering a little bit. 

"No, I will not force you, you said it yourself, you're a woman and you can choose what's best for you." David said although he didn't fully agree with his words, he knew Katie had limitations, both physical and psychological that could keep her from having a normal life like any other woman her age.

"Yes, I can." he finally let her stand up and she began separating the fabrics by color like she aways did, it was her favorite part, seeing all of it organized. She knew David would place them differently every night so she could redo them in the morning but she still felt like she was helping out.

"But what happened with theater? You don't like it anymore?"

Katie thought about the question.

"I love it. But Mehcad keeps hitting on me and I don't like him and I feel uncomfortable being near him."

"But you can't give it up because of a boy, Katie!"

"I'll find other things to do, okay?! Don't stress too much about it." she shut him down not wanting to talk about it anymore.

Mehcad was this weird guy who was always smiling at Katie since the first day but he never talked to her. Until the day when they had to do a piece together and he thought they were friends from that point on but Lena couldn't despite him more, always trying to make a move at her even after she said twenty times that she's gay, he still kept trying. Last friday Katie talked to the teacher who couldn't be more oblivious about the problem so she decided she would just quit.

David and Katie had lunch at the Mexican place David loves, Katie was happy with the lasagna anyway so she liked the place as well. They talked about what would Katie do for her birthday coming up in a few months. They don't really know the date Katie was born but they celebrate the day she woke up from her coma, which was the 2nd of January. She said she hadn't decided yet but she feels it's gonna be different this year.

By 5 o'clock Katie was left to close the store off as David had to run some errands. She was waiting for this opportunity the whole day, she had a plan she needed to do. She began to ruffle through the client list that had ordered a dress in the last year. Nicole's contact was the third to appear, she quickly grabbed her own phone and dialed the number. It beeped two times before she heard a voice on the other end.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Hi, this is from the dress store. Uhm... we need to make some adjustments to your dress, could you come here at 9 tomorrow to do a quick fitting?"

"Yeah, sure, I'll be there at 9 sharp. And your name is...?" She asked Katie who became desesperate and qucikly hang up on the girl.

Okay, that was rude, I think. Katie thought to herself, but she knew her name was the only thing that connected her to her past, she couldn't risk it. She had this whole plan to sit Nicole down and just blurt it out 'I think I'm your sister' and see how she reacts.

The truth is Katie was dreaming about this day since forever, finding her real family was always in her plans, she just didn't know how to do it. And now, there is a chance that she would know them. She was scared of rejection and of change, she didn't like changes, she has her mind set that this is who she is now, she won't change it for anyone in the world.

hey y'all!! thhis chapter you get to know a bit more about Katie, her limitations and how different she is from the Katie in the prologue. Each episode, you'll get to know her more and her beautiful mind. but that's it for this week,I can say that there's a flashback coming in a few weeks :) please, give me your opinion about what you liked and don't liked.

xoxo LOLA