Chapter Ten

The torture for Katie was going for thirty minutes now, she was sitting down with her back against Chyler's room door listening to Mel crying about missing her, it was excruciating for her, she just wanted to get out there and give the girl a big hug. But what would she say? How could she ever be the remedy for Melissa's pain? What would it do to show up but then tell her she's not the same person anymore, that she doesn't love her, that she doesn't remember their moments together, their first kiss, their wedding, almost being mothers together. It would just crush Mel's spirit even more, she wouldn't be able to move on from Katie like she wants to.

Katie had to hang on for just a little more. She tried to dry her tears but they just kept coming, along with sobs. She laid on Chyler's bed hoping their conversation would end already. She felt her eyes getting heavier and heavier, she turned on her side and the last thing she knew was Chyler's voice calling her name.

Flashback

Katie saw herself running through the school's hallways like she was running for fer life. She finally stopped on the bathroom door, the last bathroom of the school, the one no one used was now full of students and teachers with their prom gowns. Katie passed through them like the wind and saw Mel laying on the ground with a big gash on her forehead and hands. Blood was all over the floor and Melissa was unconscious. Katie felt pain in her heart, she did this.

Later that evening

Melissa was brought home by her parents and Katie wanted to go with them so they let it, not knowing the whole story why Melissa was hurt. The blonde had just woke up and is dizzy so she chose to not speak or open her eyes right now. Once they got to the Benoist's home, Katie held Melissa's purse while her dad took her upstairs to her room, he laid her down and left her with her girlfriend.

"Do you want water?" Katie asked in a soft voice.

"I want you to leave." the blonde said turning her back to her girlfriend.

"Don't say that, babe, I'm sorry, I'm here to fix us." she sat beside her and caressed her waist, Melissa didn't give her a reaction to the touch.

"There's no us anymore, Katherine, you said it."

"I am the biggest idiot in the whole world and I didn't mean-" she was cut off by Melissa sitting up.

"That's exactly my point, you're such an idiot and you always give up in the middle of the storm. Why would I want to be with you?" she pushed Katie off her bed so Katie stood up.

"Because I love you." Katie felt the weight of the dead silence as soon she said those words but she didn't regrett it. She could see the blue from her girlfriend's eyes light the dark room paying attention to her. "I love every inch of you and I was scared when I realized it, I thought that for sure you didn't feel the same, why would you?" Katie felt her eyes watering, she has never cried in front of Mel before, but by this point she was only worried the blonde would never speak to her again because of the things she's saying. "I acted based on my fears and it was the biggest mistake of my life, I should've never chose someone else over you, there is no one that could be better than you in this universe. But I won't be scared anymore, I love you and I won't feel sorry for it." Katie's chest went up and down after she finished talking.

Melissa didn't talk back, she didn't blink or move, she just stayed there with the same face, mouth opened. Katie took it as a cue to leave, she didn't feel the same.

"But...you told Chyler you couldn't love someone this early in a relationship." Mel threw her legs out of the bed and prepared to stop Katie if she tried to leave, she wasn't finished. She was confused and she wanted to be sure this was happening.