Chapter Nine

A few days had passed and Katie was finally getting used to the routine, which was a big deal to her. She would wake up a little late than usual, then cook breakfast for Jonas who would wake up right after her and they would usually go out jogging after breakfast, Katie has only went the last two days but it is definitely something she wants to keep doing.

Flashbacks are becoming more and more frequent but the pills Chyler has given Katie has been keeping her from having fits. The memories usually comes like a full on dream or sometimes like a déjà vu, a feeling like she had lived that before. Katie loves spending time with her parents and they love to tell her about her childhood, she noticed they haven't talked about Mel since the first day nor has Katie. She knows they don't know she's been reading her journals and she doesn't want to cause a scene about it.

The journals. Well, they have taught Katie a lot about what her relationship with Mel was like, she has read about the wedding day, their honeymoon -there was a lot of inappropriate stuff about it but Katie didn't complain- she read a lot about Mel's feelings and she feels so close to her wife, she feels like she truly remembers her even though she knows it's all because of the journals. Katie one day cried alone in her room asking herself why she couldn't just remember her wife and the love she felt for her so she could live the life she read about in those journals. Katie misses Mel, even though, in her head they've never met.

"Yeah, and he really likes golfing too!" she said static on the phone with David. "Nicole seems a bit weird these past days, mom said that she is a little jealous of me going out alone with Jonas to go jogging, I have to remember to spend time with her. No, I'm going out with Chyler today, yeah, the friend. She said she has a bunch of film of me and my friends, we are gonna watch them at her house."

She would call David everyday at 10am, the same hour always to tell him about her life in New York. Katie missed her friend very much but she asked him to stay one more month until Nicole and Jonas go back to college and her parents leave to Ireland, he agreed because he knew he hadn't much saying in her life anymore, it was all on her now.

"David, I think she's here." Katie said goodbye and hung up before opening the front door. "Hey Chy!" she hugged her best friend.

"Hey, are you ready? We will be stuck in traffic if we don't leave now." She said pointing to her watch.

"Mom! Chyler's here, I'm going!" Katie let her mother know everything she was doing at all time, that's what she did with David, she felt safer that way. Her mom yelled 'okay' back and Katie left with her friend on her motorcycle that Katie was very excited to ride.

They couldn't really hear each other on the bike so they began to talk once they got to Chyler's apartment.

"It's really great that you're calling your mother 'mom'." Chyler commented going to the kitchen to check on the lasagna she left on the stove before she went to pick Katie up.

"Yeah, she really loves it too, it became natural after a flashback that I had."

Katie looked around the apartment, she noticed a wall full of book shelves and she was mesmerized by it, she looked at every book name thinking about asking Chyler to lend her one.
She looked to the right and saw a picture of Mel and Chyler on one of the shelves. She smiled at the beautiful picture.

"She is so pretty." She said to Chyler once she came back to the living room.

"I know."

"And I love this book, could I have it for a week?" Katie showed Chyler a science book about the pre history of Earth.

"Uhm, it's not mine but sure, you can have it."

"Oh, whose is it?" Katie asked already opening the first page.