Chapter Fourteen

Katie was bouncing herself up and down on the couch while waiting for her date to come pick her up. Her whole family was gathered in the living room to see the girls on their first date together, Mary even had her phone ready for a picture. They all looked at Katie curiously as she made the couch a bouncy house.

"Honey, you'll get sick, stop for a minute." Mary said but Katie was not paying attention to her, she was focused on the door and nothing would get to her before Mel got here.

"She can't hear you, mom. She is thinking." Jonas argued.

"Just let her bounce, mom, she's used to it." Nicole also defended her sister.

Before Mary could answer, they heard a shuffle outside and a few seconds later, Melissa got in using her own keys. Katie stop bouncing mid air and got up so quickly she almost fell forward.

"Oh, hey, am I late?" she asked looking around at everyone.

"No, Katie just made everyone wait with her for the past half an hour, dad is taking a nap already." Nicole pointed to her dad who had his head leaned back and his mouth open letting out a soft snore.

Melissa laughed and walked over to her wife to say hello. Katie couldn't take her eyes off the blonde. How her cheeks were red from the cold outside, how her coat was almost too small for her but the baby pink color fit her personality so well. Katie smiled thinking about how cute she looked and how lucky she had been to have married her.

"Hey." Mel got close but didn't take any action first because Chyler had specifically told her to not touch Katie without permission or consent.

"Hi." Katie didn't realize Mel wanted a hug so she just waved and walked to the door. "Come on, let's go." She said grabbing her coat, gloves and a knit cap. It was one of the coldest days of winter and Melissa was not excited for the walk ahead of her. "Bye guys, see you soon." She waved to her family and looked at Mel waiting for her.

"Oh yeah, bye you guys, I'll bring her back around 10."

"You better." Jonas said smiling while waving to them.

They closed the door and walked into the coldness of fresh snow. Katie had all the gear she needed, she was used to walking in every season. But Mel only had her boots and her small coat with her, her hands didn't fit the pockets of the coat anymore and she had no gloves. She asked herself how did she live so many time in NY with just one coat.

"Are you sure you don't wanna use the car? I'll be careful." Mel said pointing to her red car. Katie just shook her head. "Ok, then, let's walk this way." she pointed up the street and they began walking side by side.

"Where are we going?" Katie asked.

"It's a surprise but we used to go there a lot."

"Like a restaurant?" Katie continued to ask.

"What part of surprise did you not understand?" Mel said smiling and Katie got red.

"Ok, I'll be patient." She smiled and hopped a little closer to her wife lacing their arms together. "So, what did we like to do?"

Mel was surprised with the gesture but she didn't complain, she went with it.

"We wouldn't do much, we liked watching movies at home, we watched a lot of movies together."

"I love movies, specially musicals."

"Really? Once you made me watch Les Mis two times in a row." Mel remembered a funny fact.

"I love that movie." Katie expressed.

She noticed how Melissa was breathing heavy and her talk was slower, she also felt her body shivering inside her coat. Katie stopped walking making Mel stop too.