Eleven

Taehyung gripped on his pen, noting to himself that he should do his job right and not to be on Jungkook's bad side. He could feel his toes trembling, his palm sweating at the way the CEO is burning in rage.

The brunet silently sits next to Jungkook, his hand not stopping on jotting down the minutes of the meeting.

He's currently inside the conference room where an emergency meeting was called by the CEO.

Jungkook is fuming in anger, that's for sure. He's spitting fire towards the man presenting on the podium.

It had reached Jungkook's knowledge that his team failed to acquire the vast commercial land that he'd been eyeing since day one.

"I can't believe I'm surrounded by incompetent fools!"

The CEO's voice boomed inside the room. Everyone has their head hanging low, accepting Jungkook's rage. They know they fucked up, and they deserve all the harsh words.

"How could you let such an opportunity go?" Jungkook groaned, his head starting to hurt from too much anger and disappointment.

He's been feeling a bit off since morning and this bad news only worsen his mood.

"We're sorry sir. We don't know how the people from the other company were able to snatch it away from us." the head of the project, Mr. Sy said, not able to meet Jungkook's gaze.

"You're sorry? Will that bring our loss? Will it suffice?" Jungkook gritted his teeth in annoyance. He hates it when people do something dumb and say sorry afterwards as if their sorry can cover up the damage that's been done.

The room was filled with silence, and Taehyung could almost taste the tension. He could feel Jungkook's anger just by sitting next to him.

"Do something about it. If you have to double the offer just to get that fucking land, do it. I want good news as soon as possible. If not, you can kiss your job goodbye."

Jungkook warned as he stands, making all the other employees stand as well. The CEO walked away so fast, Taehyung barely able to keep up.

He trailed after him, his steps fast but quiet. They went inside the CEO's office with Jungkook still in a sour mood.

Taehyung quickly went to his cubicle, his hands fast in typing down the information from the meeting earlier. He focused on his task, doing his best not to look on Jungkook's side.

But only after a couple of minutes, Taehyung gave in to his curiosity. He peeked over his monitor in a very discreet manner, his eyes landing on the ravenette who has his eyes closed as he leans on the headrest.

The brunet could see the tiredness in the man's face. Jungkook doesn't look so well. He has noticed it earlier but he wasn't so sure. Now, looking at the man, he could tell he's not feeling good. Taehyung sighed, standing on his seat as he approaches the man silently.

"Sir." Taehyung called out, but Jungkook didn't even budge.

He continued nonetheless. "It's lunch time already, sir. Shall I buy you something?"

The brunet waited, but Jungkook didn't answer. He could sense something off, so he acted on impulse.

Taehyung went around the CEO's table, standing on Jungkook's side. He stared at the ravenette who still has his eyes closed.

"Sir?" Taehyung called out once more, his hand automatically landing on Jungkook's arm.

The brunet flinched, noticing that Jungkook is burning from fever. He quickly placed his hand on the ravenette's forehead, feeling his temperature even more.