Forty One

"You're going to believe him instead of me?!" Sunmi's voice echoed in the room, her face full of anger.

"Jungho!" She called out, grabbing the man by the arm.

"You know I couldn't do that to you! I could never cheat on you!" She insisted, tears cascading down her eyes.

Jungho sighed as he looked at her tear stained face. He would've believed her just like before, be fooled by those innocent eyes and the pain he sees in her beautiful face.

He would've embraced her and asked for forgiveness.. but not anymore. He won't be fooled this time, especially if his trusted friend was the one who witnessed it all.

Not to mention, the pictures he was able to get a hold of.

Pictures of Sunmi and her lover.

"Enough, Sunmi. Just sign the divorce papers and get it over with." Jungho turned his back on the woman.

"That Baekhyun is lying! How could you believe that lowlife instead of me? Your wife!" Sunmi didn't back down. She hugged Jungho from the back, begging him to believe her.

The man sighed, forcefully removing the woman's arms around him. He walked to his table, rummaging through the drawer to get the pictures.

He dropped it in front of her who instantly turned pale at the sight.

"This should be enough to make you stop." Jungho said in a firm voice.

"N-no.. I could explain. This isn't -"

"Just stop, Sunmi. For the love of god, just stop." Jungho was finding it hard to control himself even more.

"If you sign the divorce papers, I won't tell Jungkook about the real reason why we had to split up." Jungho said, trying to be considerate of her.

No matter how much she had hurt him, she's still the mother of Jungkook. He doesn't want him to hate her.

He knows Jungkook would react negatively if he finds out because he loves his mother so much.

Sunmi shakes her head. "Please Jungho. I promise I'll change! I won't do this again.. Please."

"I want those papers to be signed as soon as you can." Jungho responded instead. He went out of the room, leaving Sunmi drowning in her tears.

Jungho wasn't aware that time that Sunmi had started feeding Jungkook with lies. She manipulated him into believing that Jungho was the one who's having an affair.

When Irene, Taehyung's mother, went to Jungho one time to borrow money from the latter, Sunmi used it to her advantage.

"Are you sure this will be enough?" Jungho asked, placing the money on the envelope.

"Yes. That's more than enough." Irene smiled. "We were just a bit short of money now since I haven't gotten customers these days.." She trailed off, seeing Jungho's face turned serious.

"I really think you should stop with that kind of... work." Jungho said in a low voice.

Irene just smiled. "You know I can't. I have a lot of things I desire, things that Baekhyun couldn't give." She rolled her eyes, remembering how useless her husband is.

"I don't even know why I married him. Good thing he has a friend like you, rich and generous." Irene uttered in a sweet voice.

Jungho just shrugged his shoulders. He's just lending her money because of Baekhyun. He's grateful of him and it's just right to return the favor.