Forty Eight

"Are you sure you're fine?" Hoseok asked as the two of them stood by the front door of Jungkook's house.

Jungkook just shrugged his shoulders. "Why wouldn't I be?" He asked as he looked at his son, playing by the fountain in his courtyard.

"You don't look fine." Hoseok seriously commented which made Jungkook sigh.

"I'm fine, Hoseok. Seeing him again doesn't mean I'm going back to losing my mind." Jungkook assured, eyes not leaving his son.

"I have Junghyun." He added, staring fondly at his little one.

Hoseok could only stare at him intensely, trying to make sure he's telling the truth.

"So this is why you insisted on driving us home?" He asked in amusement as he looked at the other who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Are you afraid I might do something stupid?" He asked, shaking his head in disbelief.

"You couldn't blame me, Jungkook. I can't afford to let you ruin yourself again just because of him." Hoseok firmly stated.

Jungkook sighed. "Don't make it sound like it's his fault. Besides, it's been a long time, Hoseok. I'm better now." He smiled, seeing Junghyun run toward the two of them.

"Even if you say that, I still blame him." Hoseok whispered.

Jungkook would've said something but halted when Junghyun clings to his leg.

"Daddy...Junghyun's pinky hurts." He complained, showing his right pinky finger.

"What happened? Let me see." Jungkook ducked down, seeing a small scrape on his little one's finger.

"Hurts.." Junghyun pouted as Jungkook tried to blow the pain away.

"Oh no! A train will come out of your wound Jungie!" Hoseok faked a gasp, making Junghyun's lips quiver as he tried to suppress his cries.

"Junghyun is afraid, uncle.." He looked at Hoseok with puppy eyes.

"Come here." Hoseok picked up the little guy as he tenderly kissed his pinky finger.

"Did that help?" Hoseok asked.

"No." Junghyun honestly answered, making Jungkook laugh.

"Really? Then how about this?" Hoseok started peppering Junghyun with kisses, making the latter squeal.

His laugh echoed in the silence of the night, warming Jungkook's heart as he stared at him.

The two kept on playing while Jungkook just watched them. He could watch his son all day, every single day and not get tired of it.

His laugh is music to his ears.

His smiles are his precious jewel.

After a while of playing and bickering, Hoseok finally decided to take his leave.

"I'll be going now, buddy." Hoseok ruffled the little guy's raven hair as he smiled at him fondly.

"Bye bye uncle Hobi!" Junghyun waved his little hands to the older who winked at him before getting inside his car.

The little one was still by the doorway as the car went away.

"Let's get you to bed, baby." Jungkook lifted and cradled him in his arms as they made their way inside the house.

"When will uncle Hobi visit Junghyun again?" Junghyun asked, his innocent charcoal black eyes were staring deeply at Jungkook's own.

"Junghyun missed him already." Junghyun cutely pouted, making Jungkook smile.